Tractor Shopping, DK 65?

/ Tractor Shopping, DK 65? #1  

HammockLand

Tractor
DK 65, 1948 Farmall Cub. YM1700.
I have been lurking on TBN for a couple of months and have found it to be very informative. I am looking to replace my Ford 3000 with a little more power and features. I have found a Kioti dealer nearby and plan to try out a DK 65 within the next two weeks. I would like to hear from anyone familiar with the DK 65 about power, manuverability and loader operability. I have 10 Acres of Florida Hammock land that needs a lot of cleaning up of vines, palmettos and roots, etc. so I will be getting a loader, plus a rootrake/grapple in the future. Thanks.

/ Tractor Shopping, DK 65? #2  
I can only comment on my little old DK45 and say it is a "holy terror" . It will go after anything in its path . I have 45 acres of pines and nothing will stop it ! I can't even begin to imagine what a DK65 would do ! I do have a grapple and ripper combination on mine ,that I built ,and can add that it was the best money I ever spent . I am now working on and building a tree shear but the price of steel has got me bogged down a little !
Big Al

/ Tractor Shopping, DK 65? #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have been lurking on TBN for a couple of months and have found it to be very informative. I am looking to replace my Ford 3000 with a little more power and features. I have found a Kioti dealer nearby and plan to try out a DK 65 within the next two weeks. I would like to hear from anyone familiar with the DK 65 about power, manuverability and loader operability. I have 10 Acres of Florida Hammock land that needs a lot of cleaning up of vines, palmettos and roots, etc. so I will be getting a loader, plus a rootrake/grapple in the future. Thanks. )</font>

"Anyone familiar with the DK 65 about power, manuverability and loader operability?" I have about 400 hours of experience with it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Power. It has enormous amount of power!! I cannot think of anything that I have done that I was wishing for more power. I moved tons and tons of dirt with it, mow with a 12' bushog in a field that only gets mowed twice a year, and grass is very high! I do not have to stop to clean out the radiator like I hear some people doing every 20 minutes or so. I have rearranged cars at a salvage yard with my pallet forks. Picked up a customers Geo Metro that ran but customer refused to move,,, so I moved it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Manuverability. It'll take more room to manuver than other Kioti's, but I think it has a nice sharp turn to it.

Loader. I have the Kioti self-leveling loader with quick attach plate. I wouldn't change it. I will say the self-leveling loaders will not curl back as far as the others, but has never been a problem for me. I have always been able to get a full bucket of whatever I wanted. I've also knocked down numerous good size trees with it!!

Try it out and others and compare!!

RedDog

/ Tractor Shopping, DK 65?
Thanks for the info, RedDog. I am realy looking forward to trying out the 65. Looking at some past posts concerning the 65 I saw that some have the steps painted orange and some painted grey. The pictures on the Kioti web site show some of both. Do you know which paint scheme is being used for current builds?

/ Tractor Shopping, DK 65? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do you know which paint scheme is being used for current builds? )</font>

I do not know. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I've wondered how they were painted differently from the begining.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you like it when you try one out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedDog

/ Tractor Shopping, DK 65? #6  
The DK65 is an outstanding unit. Turbo chaged Perkins with as good a turning radius as can be found on that size tractor. The 12sp trans has a very low end that gives it more power then traction. It shoud stand up againt any name brand. With that said, buy from a dealer you trust.

/ Tractor Shopping, DK 65? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The DK65 is an outstanding unit. Turbo chaged Perkins with as good a turning radius as can be found on that size tractor. The 12sp trans has a very low end that gives it more power then traction. It shoud stand up againt any name brand. With that said, buy from a dealer you trust. )</font>
Dan, welcome to TBN. I see from your profile that you're a service manager. Would that happen to be in a tractor dealership? We can always use more tech info!
Hope you enjoy your time here at TBN. John

/ Tractor Shopping, DK 65? #8  
Thanks for the welcome John. Yes we carry 3 lines of compact tractors and 1 line of skidsteers and excavators. I really enjoy my work and the customers that I help. I like hearing about the many projects our customer are doing and I get involved in a lot of problem solving. To answer the question about the DK65 color, the newest one I have seen is orange in the operators station (previously gray). Merry Christmas. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Tractor Shopping, DK 65?
Well, I went to Orr Tractor, Inc. in Bunnell, Fl yesterday morning to tryout (play with) a Kioti DK 65 with DL 1730 loader. I spent some time playing in the dirt piles in the dealer's back lot. What a Tractor! Maneuverability is excellent, it has POWER, and the loader worked great.

I liked it so well that I bought it. It was delivered this morning before 11 am, full of diesel fuel. I have spent the rest of the day tooling arount the place trying out the loader or just standing there admiring the beautiful beast. I will post pictures soon. Thanks for the helpful comments on my initial post.