Looking at aUsed Kioti LK3054 -- what to expect

/ Looking at aUsed Kioti LK3054 -- what to expect #1  

dave_upstairs

Tractor
Ford1000
The classified ads section of this board list a used LK3054. No year, no hours. The pic looks pretty good (tires maybe show a little wear), the bush hog behind it looks kind of rough. Price is $6495.

I've sent the dealer an email asking some questions (I'm not a mechanic, so these are best guesses on my part) about cold weather starting, smoking, oil leaks, etc... That was late Saturday -- so, no answer yet -- maybe tomorrow.

My question to the board: given this is about 50% of new price (and this is in my price range) -- what kinds of repairs / problems would I expect to have? What kinds of questions or test drive tactics could I use to best determine the state of this tractor?

My budget is such, that I'd like to buy this tractor, then have a FEL put on, maybe next winter, if it proves to be a good performer after using. (I realize, I might incur some extra cost, but, I'd have a good idea by then that it would be money wellspent).

I will be mowing, landscaping, tilling and hauling wood with it this spring/summer/fall.

I looked at a used John Deere at a local dealer that he had 'behind the dumpster' at the back of the lot. He was asking 50% more than this price, and I had to keep from laughing out loud as we stood there looking at that poor thing. (Sorry JD owners/dealers -- I wish I had a pic. The tractor was not really what I wanted, so I didn't discuss new tires, new hoses, fixing seals, etc...).
The JD experience has made me very suspicious of "real good deals that are almost too good to be true..." I'm fearful this Kioti may be a similar situation. I'm about 450 miles away. I have a local dealer who could do repairs, install the FEL, etc...

I work with computers at work, and I have some vendors on my speed dial (frequent problems = frequent calls). I'm hoping to avoid that in this case, if you get what I mean.

Any ideas would be appreciated. --thanx.
Dave

/ Looking at aUsed Kioti LK3054 -- what to expect #2  
I did a search under kioti, lk3054, 3054, $6495 etc. and can't find the listing to which you refer. John

/ Looking at aUsed Kioti LK3054 -- what to expect #3  
I went to the clasified section to take a look at this tractor and didn't find it.
If I were buying a used machine I would run the PTO to make sure it works, be sure to run through all the gears, pay attention to how the clutch is working ( does it feel OK), look for leaks, cracks, Etc.
How a used machine works out for you depends largely on how the previous owner used/abused and maintained the machine.
If a tractor looks bad, abused and poorly maintained you don't want it..