Which Shade of Orange? Kioti or Kubota?

/ Which Shade of Orange? Kioti or Kubota? #1  

CampWags

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010, Kubota KX 41-3 Excavator Upgraded to Kioti DK65S with cab and Farmi winh
I have always had Kubotas but now looking at the Kioti DK55cab and the DK65Cab. It is time to trade up from my Kubota L3010 Hydrostat to something bigger. It is between the Kubota 4330cab, 5030cab and the Kioti DK55/DK65cab.
I have read many posts but it is difficult to make a switch out of your comfort zone.
Now the questions! Will I miss the hydrostaic drive of the Kubota? or will the extra power of the Kioti make up for it? The posts say the Kioti cab is bigger and it does seem to have more standard features that Kubota has only as options. Which shade of orange will work the best for me over the long row to hoe?
I will be using a Hy-Reach tree shear on the front and Fami type winch on the rear for tree farm activities. I am clearing and thinning and planting trees. I also grow and sell cold hardy Bamboo and ornamental grasses. I will be thankfull of any and all help.

/ Which Shade of Orange? Kioti or Kubota? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have always had Kubotas but now looking at the Kioti DK55cab and the DK65Cab. It is time to trade up from my Kubota L3010 Hydrostat to something bigger. It is between the Kubota 4330cab, 5030cab and the Kioti DK55/DK65cab.
I have read many posts but it is difficult to make a switch out of your comfort zone.
Now the questions! Will I miss the hydrostaic drive of the Kubota? or will the extra power of the Kioti make up for it? The posts say the Kioti cab is bigger and it does seem to have more standard features that Kubota has only as options. Which shade of orange will work the best for me over the long row to hoe?
I will be using a Hy-Reach tree shear on the front and Fami type winch on the rear for tree farm activities. I am clearing and thinning and planting trees. I also grow and sell cold hardy Bamboo and ornamental grasses. I will be thankfull of any and all help. )</font>

Only YOU can answer the questions that you have; by climbing aboard and seeing which one feels right to you. Gerard

/ Which Shade of Orange? Kioti or Kubota? #3  
Hi Campwags ,
well ,,, I have owned both Kubota and now Kioti . Both were good tractors for me . All I can say is any fears I had buying a Kioti over a Kubota are long gone now . I would not hesitate to buy another Kioti in a heartbeat . I have the DK45TLB . It does everything I want and a few things I did not think it could !
Big Al

/ Which Shade of Orange? Kioti or Kubota? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It is between the Kubota 4330cab, 5030cab and the Kioti DK55/DK65cab )</font>

I've never been around a 4330, but have been around (never driven) a 5030. You may already know, but the 5030 is going to look like a toy next to a DK65. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Get prices on all 4 and check them out.

RedDog

/ Which Shade of Orange? Kioti or Kubota? #5  
I think you'll quickly learn to adjust to the syncro shuttle of the Kioti, but yes, you'll miss the HST. Now that doesn't mean you HAVE to have it, just that you're used to it, and so you'll miss it, but only until you adjust to the shuttle.
It's not much different than shifting from your gear drive auto to the automatic. Just a little more action.
Both those Kioties are awesome tractors, but that new DK65 is a work or art BEAST. John

/ Which Shade of Orange? Kioti or Kubota? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You may already know, but the 5030 is going to look like a toy next to a DK65. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

)</font>

You should be looking at an M5700/M6800. They are not hydrostat, but have hydraulic shuttles available. Price wise they are comparitivly not that much more than an L5030 because they built to be utility machines and not friendly, easy to operate compacts.

/ Which Shade of Orange? Kioti or Kubota?
You should be looking at an M5700/M6800. They are not hydrostat, but have hydraulic shuttles available. Price wise they are comparitivly not that much more than an L5030 .
That's my point! You can get a DK65S with cab for less then a Kubota L5030 or M5700. The standard features are so much more on the Kioti! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Which Shade of Orange? Kioti or Kubota? #8  
CampWags, I think what Niel Messick was trying to point out, that you seemed to miss, was that you should not have been comparing the L class Kubotas to the DK you should have been comparing the M class Kubotas. The M class Kubotas have transmissions that are similar to the DK instead of Hydro like the L class Kubotas you were considering. As the HST transmissions are more expensive it just doesn't make to compare them to a gear machine. Also, the L class tractors are compact machines and lighter weight than the M class machines. Your comparison was simply apple to orange.