Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can't decide which one

/ Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can't decide which one #1  

HODAK

Gold Member
Tractor
CK30HST
Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can\'t decide which one

I'm in the market to replace my 77 Ford 1600 with FEL with a new FWD model and have been looking at the New Holland, Kubota, and recently the Kioti. 25 - 30 hp range with FEL. I was going to go with the blue, but the others look mighty appealing with similar specs. Anybody out there got any advice? I can't be the only one with this problem(?). Wife says go get one already. So far I was quoted a price of 19,900 for the L3130HST with LA723 loader. I was offered 2000 - 3000 for a trade, possibly more. The Ford is in excellent condition, always garaged, and has 542 hrs. Any thoughts? Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can't decide which one #2  
Re: Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can\'t decide which one

With the 723 loader, nothing in the 30hp class can even touch the specs of the L3130 for loader performance, it also has more HP at the PTO than either the CK30 or TC29. The price is not great, but not horrible either. I'm not sure where you are located, but pricing on tractors seems to be very regional. I've seen L3130's with gear transmissions for under $15.9K recently with a lighter duty loader, the HST is going to bump that up about a grand to roughly $17K; the 723 loader is the best available and also ups the price so your price is decent, but you might be able to do better (again, that really depends on region). The CK30 pricing I've seen lately tells me that it will likely beat the L3130's price, but again has lower loader specs and less PTO hp. The machines are virtually the same size/weight. The TC29 is fair comparion, but I think the TC33 is a better choice because of the added PTO hp it provides. I really like the erogonmics of the TC-DA machines and some of their features and how they fit. Of all of them, I'd pony up the cash for the L3130 as I think it is the best in class. The TC33DA would be a very very close 2nd place in my book, it may be the most expensive. CK30 coming in 3rd place followed closely by the TC29 in 4th.

If the NH you are considering is the TC30, then in my book that would fall to a distant 5th place, it is a nice basic tractor but I don't think it can stand up to the rest of the group.

JMHO. Good luck on your choice, any way you go it will be a good machine.

/ Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can't decide which one #3  

I agree with Bob on his tractor rankings, but only if you don't take price into account. In my area, I couldn't get the TC30, which was last on his list for within $2,000 of what I bought my CK30. The TC33 and the Kubota L3130 where both more than $4,000 more in my area. If I was to alter that list and add pricing (as it stands in my area) to the equation, the Kioti CK30 jumped to 1st by a large margin, followed by the Kubota, than the TC33. I personally wouldn't even consider the TC29, in my area the price difference between it and the TC33 was so small, it made no sense not to jump to the 33. Good luck in your search, and obviously if pricing is different in your area, any of those 3 could head your list.

/ Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can't decide which one #4  

First off - Welcome to TBN! You've found a great community.

I would like to expand upon Bob's comparison of the CK30 and the L3130.
<font color="blue"> The CK30 pricing I've seen lately tells me that it will likely beat the L3130's price, but again has lower loader specs and less PTO hp. The machines are virtually the same size/weight. </font>

The machines are similar in overall length, similar in weight, with the L3130 tipping the scales more. The L3130 width is roughly 1/2 foot wider and the wheelbase on the L3130 is roughly 1/2 foot longer than the CK30. To compare a similar wheelbase (71.1") of the L3130, with Kioti you would be looking at the DK45 (71.6").

The moral of my post is to look at all the specifications, zero in on the specifications that are most important for the jobs that you are performing and be sure to sit in the seats of all the candidates.

Last but not least your asking about multiple brands in a brand specific forum. You would be better served in the general buying/pricing forum. Maybe a moderator would be so kind to relocate this thread to the general buying/pricing forum for expanded exposure.

Good luck in your search.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Don

/ Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can't decide which one #5  

Hello Hodak, I too looked at the tractors your looking at extensively. Ive been researching them for over a year. The best prices on the NH tc33 hst found was 19200. The best price for the Kubota L3130 hst found was 19200 as well with the 513 loader, add 700 for the 723 loader, which matches the price you have.. Im going this weekend to look at a kioti ck 30. The dealer there also sells the ck30s with the woods 1012 quick detach loader for 300 dollars more then with the standard k130 loader. This loader is rated at just under 1400lbs and the dealer tells me it will lift more, probably between 1500 and 1600 lbs due to the kiotis pump size. From what ive read this tractor is very similar in all aspects to the other brands youve mentioned except the 3 point lift capacity, the L3130 is about 800lbs higher then the kiotis.. But with that said, i can get the kioti for 16200. Thats 3000 dollars cheaper then the kubota or New Holland... Due a search in this forum under all three brands mentioned, but i will say one thing, ive yet to hear one complaint on the ck30, i cant say that for the TC33 or the L3130, go and find out for yourself...Thats why im going to see this tractor for myself.. If i like it, My search may be over.... Matt

/ Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can't decide which one #6  

<font color="red"> the dealer tells me it will lift more, probably between 1500 and 1600 lbs due to the kiotis pump size. </font>

Be really careful there, it is my understanding that pump capacity as measured in flow rate does not increase lift strength, but it does affect the lift speed (all else being equal). I believe the cylinder size is what determins the lift capacity. Maybe one of the TBN hydraulic experts can jump in and help???

Don is correct that the L3130 is slightly larger than the CK30, depending on how it is spec'd out, it is roughly a couple hundred pounds heavier, it is less than 6" longer, and it is about 6" wider. The wheelbase is considerably longer. In theory, it should offer a smoother ride, it should be much more stable on side slopes than any of the other brands being considered, it should, because of its wheelbase, carry more weight behind the front axle than the Kioti or the NH units, and therefore it should be far better balanced and require less ballast. It has more horsepower on the engine and the PTO. Should it cost more? Yup, but you get more. Is it worth the extra money, that is a question that must be answered by the buyer and the jobs that need to be done.

As for complaints about the L3130 and the CK30, the only one I've ever really seen about either is really a non-issue. Both are the same complaint, and both are related to HST models where only a few users feel that they are underpowered when going up hills. I don't recall any other real complaints about either machine, but given that there are lots more L3130's in consumers hands, it is logical that there would be more complaints.

On a budget issue, the CK30 is likely the lowest price. If price is the driving factor, it should be the choice.

On the capacity issue, the L3130 is the beast of the group. If capacity to do work is the factor, it would likely be the choice.

The reality both are darn good machines.

/ Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can't decide which one #7  

xxx GHP Imp.Pump Lft24"B/3pt OAlenth Width Wbase wt

L3130 32.1 8.3GPM 2650lbs 124.2" 59.8" 71.1" 3305lb
CK30 30 12.7GPM 1764lbs 122.2" 54.6" 66.1" 3055lb
TC33 33 7.6GPM 1635lbs 106.2" 54.3" 63" 2474lb

Stats of your 3 tractors in regards to your comparison. The Kioti stacks up pretty well in comparison considering the Kubota and New Holland are not truly 30hp tractors. As they are 32.1 and 33hp respectively. All 3 are very good machines, Each tractor has its strong points, from stabilty to platform loader view and lift capacities, weight etc... But that all said, its up to the person to decide whats best for his needs. From my research, being i wanted a quick detach loader , The Ck30 came in at 16,200, The L3130 and TC33 would both price over 20,000 with the quick detach loaders. Dollar for dollar is easily seen why the Kioti deserves a close look. IMHO Matt

/ Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can't decide which one #8  

I've have owned both , Kubota's and now a Kioti . Both are nice tractors .You get what you pay for . For my money , their is no comparsion . Kioti wins, hands down .
Big Al

/ Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can't decide which one #9  

One clarification on the hydraulic pump capacities. The three tractors each have two hydraulic pumps.

Total GPM pump capacities:

Kubota L3130 = 13.2
Kioti CK30 = 12.7
New Holland TC33 = 12.7

Don

/ Kubota, New Holland, Kioti, can't decide which one #10  

Whew! I don't think I'd touch this one with a 10 foot pole. Too many tempers and egos get going. All I'll say is that I looked at all of the ones you listed and also the JD models. I ended up buying the Kubota, and it wasn't just because I liked the name. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif