Just drove CD30 HST, CK30 Gear, CK25 HST...

/ Just drove CD30 HST, CK30 Gear, CK25 HST... #1  

pilk

Drove all three side by side this am. Went away sold on the 30 HST. The 25HST engine was rougher/louder and seems to bog in High even without anything on the 3pt. The 30 Gear was more trouble than I wanted, although it probably would put more power to the ground than the 30HST. I like the 30 HST because it had great speed control with the 3 range HST. No hesitation taking off in high range at all. The engine was smooth and quiet compared to the 25. All three were a breeze to operate, very easy controls, comfortable. I just couldn't find anything to complain about in the 30HST. The prices quoted;
25HST 13,700.....30Gear 14,000....30HST 14,800. All with the KL 130 loader. I'd say the extra 1100 is worth going to the 30HST imo. Didn't have a 20HST...he said he just doesn't sell many due to the popularity of the bigger tractors. BTW...he sells twice as many HST's than gears and twice as many 30s than 20s for what that's worth.

/ Just drove CD30 HST, CK30 Gear, CK25 HST... #2  
Thanks for the reviews! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

With the HST models in High range were you running full throttle? What RPM's?

<font color="blue">35HST 14,800......</font>

Holy smokes! You found a 35Hp HST /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The horsepower junkies will be all over that tractor. Must be a local upgrade. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif If that might possibly be a typo, TBN allows 12 hours to click the edit button and make amendments to a post.

Thanks for posting....

Don

/ Just drove CD30 HST, CK30 Gear, CK25 HST...
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the reviews! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

With the HST models in High range were you running full throttle? What RPM's?

<font color="blue">35HST 14,800......</font>

Holy smokes! You found a 35Hp HST /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The horsepower junkies will be all over that tractor. Must be a local upgrade. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif If that might possibly be a typo, TBN allows 12 hours to click the edit button and make amendments to a post.

Thanks for posting....

Don

With the right headers and intake...I could take that 30 HST to a 45 hp wheelie popper.
Thanks for the correction. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Just drove CD30 HST, CK30 Gear, CK25 HST... #4  
What part of the country gave you that price??? Best I've gotten so far is 16,500 for the CK30HST with loader. Thanks

/ Just drove CD30 HST, CK30 Gear, CK25 HST... #6  
The 30HST is $14624 with f.e.l. in Centralia. WA f.y.i. at this ph #1-360-736-8850--It's Ann the Tractorgal
tell her Mark Headley sent you.

/ Just drove CD30 HST, CK30 Gear, CK25 HST... #7  
Great price for all and especially the CK30HST with 130 FEL.
As Hodak mentioned, the best I could find for the 30 was 16,600. I boughth it in April. What area are you in?
If you're looking to buy, I'd go for it at that price.