DK55 and KL1595 Loader

/ DK55 and KL1595 Loader #1  

ocaj11

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 5325 4wd, Kubota B7500 HST
Just wanted to relay some info I received from my Kioti dealer today when I took the tractor back for the 50 hour service and some warranty work.

I have been EXTREMELY unhappy with the roll back power and angle of my KL1595 loader. Of course, after speaking with the dealer about it, he said that all of his customers that purchased that loader are very unhappy. He's trying to work with Kioti, but they're not being very cooperative. I've had my tractor for around 6 months and just now have 50 hours on it. I haven't used the loader for much dirt work and really just noticed the poor performance of the loader recently. If Kioti isn't doing anything to help the dealer out with unhappy customers, I'm not real hopeful that I can get anything done about the issue on my own.

The dealer has one customer that has ruined four of the dump/curl cylinders. He showed me one of the bolts in the cylinder that pulled into while the customer was stacking hay. Needless to say, any bolt that will pull into with a straight pull is faulty, especially given the limited weight the loader can handle. Kioti will replace the failed cylinders with the same model cylinder, but won't replace with a better cylinder. So, the dealer has bought aftermarket cylinders at his own expense to satisfy the customer. In the meanwhile, he has spoken with the loader manufacturer who points the finger at the cylinder manufacturer. The cylinder manufacturer ( I think he said Cross) won't speak with him about it.....

The new DK55s on his lot have Koyker loaders. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'm afraid I'm going to be forced to live with the horrible performance of the loader or purchase after market cylinders that have a longer shaft. I really hate to purchase new cylinders for a brand new loader.

DK35Vince was able to make some new brackets for his loader (not a KL1595) to gain some rollback power. I will probably try to do something similar before I purchase new cylinders, but I would much rather Kioti send out a capable product in the first place.

The only other major problem I have with this tractor is the placement of the fuel tank. It's located directly below the seat and is exposed to sticks in a big way. The tank is plastic and has a long plastic neck. I thought this might be broken easily while I was bush hogging and I was right. Got home one evening and noticed it was broken off. I'm going to have to find a solution for that as well or keep my tractor in the fields and baby it.

As far as I'm concerned, these are two major design flaws. I'm starting to wonder what kind of testing is performed on these tractors because anyone who had actually used a tractor to work with before would not have sent these tractors out with these problems......

Other than the 3 point leveler being stuck, two hydraulic leaks, a pin vanishing from my 4WD lever rendering it useless, and the bleed screw on the primer pump breaking, the first 50 hours have been uneventful. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ DK55 and KL1595 Loader #2  
Sorry to hear you're having so many problems. KMW makes the loader, and I keep hoping Kioti can get them to make a satisfactory fix for them.
I've not heard anyone complaining about the fuel tank though. I hadn't noticed any problem with them, but then, I don't use one every day. Maybe you could make some sort of a shield to protect it from any sticks, etc.
I hope things make a turn for the better soon. John

/ DK55 and KL1595 Loader
Thanks John,

I'm really not bashing the tractor. I saw the fuel tank location when I purchased the tractor, but figured it would hold up. After using it, I'm convinced it won't and I will have to build a cage around it as you suggested. I can live with that and the other minor irritations. The tank will be replaced under warranty and the other problems will be fixed under warranty as well. To me, that's part of tractor ownership.

What I'm most upset about is the loader issues. I will be contacting Kioti next week to see if I can get anyone to listen.

The Good (much more good than bad):

Starts fast each and every time and the turbocharged diesel has power to spare. Also seems to sip the fuel.

The shuttle shift transmission is awesome.

I've yet to use low range. Medium 1 is too slow for me. What would Low 1 be used for???

The open platform operator station is very comfortable.

All the included options that are extra on the big 3 are nice and probably swayed me to purchase the Kioti over the Kubota.

I'll update the thread once I hear from the manufacturer and dealer.....

/ DK55 and KL1595 Loader #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've yet to use low range. Medium 1 is too slow for me. What would Low 1 be used for???)</font>
Oh, pulling trees out by their roots, dragging REALLY big tree trunks all over your nice lawn, pulling your neighbors JD, Kubota or NH out of the muck he got it stuck in and couldn't get out of etc. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John

/ DK55 and KL1595 Loader #5  
I beefed immediatley about how terrible the 1595 was and my dealer got right on the phone as well as I e-mailed and called Kioti. My dealer got me a Woods loader at no cost. It too a fwe months because there were no after market loaders available at the time. A engineer from Kioti in Korea actually called me thinking I was a dealer and admitted they were having trouble with the loades and there was a new design with rounder lines and no self leveler. This was last spring.Stay on them , Kioti, they know these loades suck. Stay away from self leveling loaders. The Woods loader is awesome and makes the tractor much more functional. The only other unresolved problem is excessive smoking on start up and Kioti is supposedly working on this. They are very slow, read very slow, and coming up with fixes to problems, . Be paitint as they are good tracotrs.

/ DK55 and KL1595 Loader #6  
Did you try the tractor and loader out before you bought it? If you answer no, I didn't either before I bought. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

In fact, I had never seen a DK65 in person.

When I first received my tractor that was one of the first things that I noticed. Bucket didn't roll back, or tilt downward as far as my old Woods bucket on my Massey 65.

I thought it was going to be a problem until I tried it. I have always been able to get a full bucket of whatever I was doing. I moved large trees with the aid of the toothbar, with never any roll back issues. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I still say the DK55 and the new DK65 need curved loaders!!

It sounds like the 1595 loader must be junk. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

RedDog

/ DK55 and KL1595 Loader #7  
I have tried for over a year now to get Kioti to honor the warranty on my 1595 Loader. I have exchanged emails with customer service, engineering, and others. I wrote a long letter to the president about this defective loader, and received no response from him or anyone else at Kioti. I have just got my attorney involved and have found out who the registered service agent is for Kioti tractor. I am planning to sue for replacement of the 1595 loader or a repurchase of the entire tractor loader and all. My experience with Kioti and the 1595 loader has shown me the true color of Kioti! If anyone would like to be listed or join with me in a class action lawsuit against Kioti concerning the Kioti 1595 Loader and Kioti's lack of action on a fix or repurchase then email me direct at coptermd47@bellsouth.net or post on TBN! It is clear that Kioti plans no action or recall of their defective 1595 loader!

/ DK55 and KL1595 Loader
Buddy,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure Kioti understands the impact many unhappy customers can have in this day of the Internet. There are many, many people that come to this website to decide what tractor to purchase. If they ignore the problems with an obviously faulty loader design, the lawsuit is the only next remedy.

My dealer did not have nice things to say about the company. I really hope they decide to pay attention to this issue before it gets messy.

Keith Johnson

/ DK55 and KL1595 Loader
gmol,

I'm really glad you were able to get on the issue quickly and get a new loader at no cost. Sounds like you were more successful than Buddy.

I'll get started with the contact next week, but it really chaps my behind to have to do this.

I did try the tractor out at the lot before I purchased, but I didn't spend a lot of time with it. I drove for 20 minutes or so and thought it was nice. Should have put it through more testing I guess....

/ DK55 and KL1595 Loader #10  
Did any of you three that are complaining about the loader actually try one before buying?

RedDog