DK45 or DK55, How's the DK55 compare? Help please!

/ DK45 or DK55, How's the DK55 compare? Help please! #1  

8Buzz8

Silver Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK55
DK45 or DK55, How\'s the DK55 compare? Help please!

Hi all, until this afternoon it was between a DK45 & an LG N47
but now the Kioti dealer has offered me a pretty good deal on a DK55 so this has further complicated things.
Is there anything that I should be concerned about when it comes to the DK55?
I've spent a lot of time looking at the DK45 but I've only just started looking at the DK55 today because of this good deal!
The tractors are with loaders but I'm in Australia so it wont be one of the KL1595's.

Buzz

/ DK45 or DK55, How's the DK55 compare? Help please! #2  
Re: DK45 or DK55, How\'s the DK55 compare? Help please!

Buzz,

For the money, I think the DK55 is a great tractor. Lots of features come standard with the tractor and the power is great. In addition, Kioti is an up and coming name here in the states so I think the long term value will be good here. Not sure what the Kioti status is in Australia??

Since you aren't getting the KL1595, you should be very happy with the tractor. Take a look at the fuel tank placement and make sure you won't be doing anything with the tractor that might damage that tank, especially the filler neck.

Keep us posted on your decision.

/ DK45 or DK55, How's the DK55 compare? Help please! #3  

own a DK55c (w/KL1595 loader).. 300+ hrs and no complaints. i had the DK45 working side-by-side with the 55 when we began the field reclamation work on the farm. it's hard for me to convey the difference in power. where the 45 had issues pulling massive stumps, the 55 had no trouble.

most of the work i'm doing with this machine is farm restoration work:

- lifting barn sills using the FEL
- digging 100+ tree stumps (frankly, i stopped counting)
- installation of a .5 mile road
- skidding trees from VERY rocky/hilly terrain
- dragging boulders the size of small cars

in short, i don't baby the machine. i've only owned it for 9 months and have no negative issues to report in the 300+ hrs i've been using it.

if you can get a deal on the 55 - don't hesitate. IMHO, the extra power is worth it.

good luck.
pf

/ DK45 or DK55, How's the DK55 compare? Help please! #4  

The Tractor is great avoid the 1595 loader, no roll back!

/ DK45 or DK55, How's the DK55 compare? Help please! #5  

If you wouldn't be paying much more for the DK55, go for it. It has a lot more to offer than the 45, not the least of which is that rear 3pt hitch lever. What a time saver, and facilitator to easier hook ups. Just reach into the back of the tractor and move the hitch, no need to go around and "hope" you got it where you need it!
John

/ DK45 or DK55, How's the DK55 compare? Help please!

Hi Buddy, John & Everyone, Thank you all for you help & feedback.
I have read with dissapointment the threads on the US made 1595 loader with the issues like the rollback & power ect & I hope that they are resolved favourably for all concerned.
I was relieved to find that the loaders that Kioti use in Aust are Ansung but then disapointed today to find that the AL55
has 11-14degrees less rollback than the AL45 & AL65 @ 35 & 38 degrees respectively.
My dealer is looking at this issue as I type & should be back to me this arvo, I hope with a solution with the bucket rams.
I like what I see & feel & you guys seem to all be thumbs up!

If it's favourable I could be joining the family as early as next week!

Best regards,
Buzz
I'll keep you all posted.

/ DK45 or DK55, How's the DK55 compare? Help please! #7  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was relieved to find that the loaders that Kioti use in Aust are Ansung but then disapointed today to find that the AL55
has 11-14degrees less rollback than the AL45 & AL65 @ 35 & 38 degrees respectively. )</font>
In my opinion, 35 degrees rollback is wonderful. It has a lot to do with pin placement as well. Go look at them and see if they come back far enough that when the loader is high in the air, and you have full rollback, it would dump the dirt on the hood. If so, you have all the rollback you'll ever need. Also, I'd try to load some dirt, full bucket, to see how it rolls back out of the pile. John

Hi Kioti John, thanks again for your feedback.
I agree, 35+ degrees is right up there for the DK45 & the DK65.
The problem is the loader on the DK55 has just 25 degrees!
The dealer has gotten back to me just now & reckons he can fit new bucket rams with around 2" more travel which should translate to around 4-6" better rollback and also the same on the dump angle. I'm not sure what that translates to in degrees but it will be better! That is about all that can be achieved without significant & more costly modification to the loader design & I really don't want to go there.
If this is good enough & I'm happy with that he recons I can take delivery by the middle of next week.
So what do you think, will that be sufficient to correct the lack of adequate rollback?
I'll wait eagerly for your reply.

Buzz.

Hi pseudofarmer, wow, sure sounds like just what I need.
Those jobs & stats are very impressive.
I'm sold!
Just so long as they can correct the problem with the rollback which it sounds as though they have as I've just heard some encouraging news back from the dealer.
If I say yes then by the end of next week I'll be "playin in the paddocks!"

Best regards, Buzz

/ DK45 or DK55, How's the DK55 compare? Help please! #10  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The problem is the loader on the DK55 has just 25 degrees!
The dealer has gotten back to me just now & reckons he can fit new bucket rams with around 2" more travel which should translate to around 4-6" better rollback and also the same on the dump angle. )</font>
I think that would give you sufficient rollback. I suppose you HAVE to take that loader, and can't use the AL45 or AL65 on it?
Are you sure that's not the KL1595 in disguise? LOL
John