Backhoe Buckets not available ???

/ Backhoe Buckets not available ??? #1  

KEROSENEDRVR

Bronze Member
Tractor
DK35
I'm waiting for a bucket for my new KB2385. My dealer says they are extremely difficult to obtain at the moment. I need a 9 or 12 inch for trench work. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I'm dead in the water until I find a bucket. Do any other brands fit? Are there any dealers out there, perhpas on the eastern side of the country that have a bucket??? Thanks a million TBN.

/ Backhoe Buckets not available ??? #2  
Find a bucket with the width that you want and with the right size pins. Then take it to a good welder fabricator. They will be able to configure it to the same spec, as you Kioti bucket.

/ Backhoe Buckets not available ??? #3  
Kioti buckets should be instock just any day. Spoke with my wholegoods agent on friday and that is what I heard.

/ Backhoe Buckets not available ??? #4  
It would help for you to go to "my home" at the top of page, click on that and then personal settings to fill out your profile.
Someone near you may be able to help you solve your problem. If you're near Jacksonville, FL, I have a 12" bucket I could load you until you get yours.
I don't recommend going with the 9", they clog up too easily. You'll be off and on the BH too much trying to keep it clean. Go with the 12". I have a 12" and 16", using the 16" most often, but 12" for trenching.
John

/ Backhoe Buckets not available ??? #5  
I agree with John - don't go smaller than the 12". I bought mine specifically for trenching, and the 12" works great, only clogging now and then. I would bet a 9" would be a pain in wet soil or clay. Besides, the 12" makes pretty neat trenches - provided you don't have to pull 16" rocks out of them every 6', which is what I ususally have to deal with.

/ Backhoe Buckets not available ??? #6  
He John you have a CK20 with a 2365 backhoe right
If you are willing to loan him you bucket it will not work
The 2385 has larger pins

/ Backhoe Buckets not available ??? #7  
This is what I have done when we needed a 12 or 9 inch bucket.

Take a common 16 or 18 cut the sides off with the ole handy Plasma cutter then cut down the bucket width and weld her all back.

Takes less time than hunting, waiting, and typing on this stupid thing.

Kioti buckets are cheap($) thus no guilt.

/ Backhoe Buckets not available ??? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( He John you have a CK20 with a 2365 backhoe right
If you are willing to loan him you bucket it will not work
The 2385 has larger pins )</font>
Your right Rick, I wasn't paying attention to which model it was! John

/ Backhoe Buckets not available ???
I appreciate all of the replies. I've heard of cutting wider buckets and rewelding them to a narrower size. I would prefer not to do that. I still am baffled that a company would stock backhoe units and not a single bucket for the hoe model?
My dealer did repeat what was said here, that a 2375 bucket will not fit a 2385 hoe. Why does Kioti send cargo containers of stuff over here from the factory, without a careful market analysis of what is selling? And, why is it sooo difficult to get a bucket from the factory. I would think that a large company such as Kioti, knowing they just sold a tractor, with all the attachments minus a bucket, would drop ship a bucket on the next outbound flight to appease the customer???

/ Backhoe Buckets not available ??? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( And, why is it sooo difficult to get a bucket from the factory. I would think that a large company such as Kioti, knowing they just sold a tractor, with all the attachments minus a bucket, would drop ship a bucket on the next outbound flight to appease the customer??? )</font>
I've posted this before, but here we go again. Kioti doesn't make the backhoe nor the buckets that go on them. Just as most MFG of tractors, they outsource their implements to other companies who specialize in them. At times, Kioti is at the mercy of these companies who may be having supply problems because the have larger orders from other companies.
It's a sad tale but true, but companies who buy larger quantities of anything always get preference. I'm fairly sure that's the case here. Your dealer could ask another dealer if he/she has one and make arrangements to get it. Ask the dealer if it's possible to do. John