Daedong v. Kioti

/ Daedong v. Kioti #1  

sullykg

I am brand new to the site. I appreciate all of the info you guys give out.

What is the difference between a Daedong and a Kioti? I thought they were the same company. I have a farm supply company near me advertising a Kioti L2203 for $8950. When I went to look up that model, it did not appear that Kioti made it. The spec sheet from the dealer lists Daedong. Is this a cheaper version of the Kioti? Would I have problems getting parts or are they the same parts as the Kioti. What gives?

/ Daedong v. Kioti #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What is the difference between a Daedong and a Kioti? I thought they were the same company. )</font>

They are the same company. Kioti is Mfg. by DaeDong Industrial of South Korea.
But Kioti branded machines are built by Daedong for sale and use in the US.
DaeDong branded machines are usually built for sale in many other countries, therefore finding parts for these machines in the US is more difficult.
I'm not sure if I answered your question here or just made matters worse

/ Daedong v. Kioti #3  
As Vince said, this model comes under the heading of "gray market" tractor, meaning it wasn't meant for this market.
Many of the parts from US models may fit because Daedong uses many of the same parts in different models, but many won't be readily available if they're specific to that model.

It is my opinion that the gray market Daedong be avoided unless you find one of our member dealers who says he can get all the parts for you.

John

/ Daedong v. Kioti
Thanks for your help.

/ Daedong v. Kioti #5  
Everyone, please keep in mind, this is a worldwide forum. The original poster never said that he/she was in the US. It might very well be a NON-grey market tractor where they are located.

/ Daedong v. Kioti #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The original poster never said that he/she was in the US. It might very well be a NON-grey market tractor where they are located. )</font>
You have a point. That's one of the reasons I mentions US models. John