DK45 or DK45S

/ DK45 or DK45S #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
After "discussions" on this board, leaning towards the DK45.

I have the option of either a DK45 or DK45S.

The DK45S is about 1K more.

Keep in mind that on the DK45, I am getting "a great deal" (at least from what I've seen on pricing on these models). The reason I point this out is you might think I'm "over paying" on the DK45S, being a grand more, but I assure you that I'm not.

Both tractors come with the 1590 loader (and I know about these "issues").

Ultimatley I am going to test drive both tractors to help me decide, but I was curious as to some feedback on which way to "lean" so to speak (and the fact the opinions here are not dictated by dealer stock and/or a sale).

Thks

/ DK45 or DK45S #2  
<font color="blue">Ultimatley I am going to test drive both tractors to help me decide, but I was curious as to some feedback on which way to "lean" so to speak (and the fact the opinions here are not dictated by dealer stock and/or a sale). </font>

I have never seen the S models (45 and 65) in person. Going by looks only, I think the S models look better. However, I think both S models need curved arm loaders to take advantage of the better view. To me the S models with the traditional loaders just doesn't jive. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I would like to see the 1 piece hood. I am guessing that you could open the hood all the way without it hitting anything on the front end loader.

In the end, for me I would pay the extra $1,000, but only with a curved loader. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RedDog

/ DK45 or DK45S #3  
I'm absolutely sold on the DK45S, it IS a lot more than the wonderful older model, and with steel price increases, not that much more really even with the improvements.
I've only seen the prototype, but I can tell you, it's a fine piece of machinery.
John

/ DK45 or DK45S #4  
I just got done looking at a DK45S. Fantastic machine from what I have seen. The loader was a KL451 and it looked great. The brush guard sticks out a little bit farther than normal. Only because the hood tilts up in the front. It was raining at the time, so there are no pictures yet. The 45S has a lever in the back to operate the 3pt hitch from the ground. I don't know if the 45 has that. Electric 4x4 engagement. Pto switch on dash and electric switch on fender. I was quoted the same price as the 45. $18,250. I'm going to do paperwork on the machine next week. Total with toothbar and forks was $19,100.

/ DK45 or DK45S
Donnyj

How does the KL451 match against the L1590 loader?

If the both loaders are comparable, I happen to think you got a GREAT price.

/ DK45 or DK45S #6  
I don't have any specs on the new loader. I do know it comes standard with quick attach. The bucket is 72" wide. The dealer is supposed to get me more info Monday morning about the loader. I hope it compares to the 1590 in lifting capabilities. The loader looks well built. The tractor comes with the loader already assembled on the tractor according to the dealer. Any info I find out I will pass on. His prices are the best that I found so far. His attachment prices I thought were very good to. Luckily he is only 45 miles away. To top it off, he said he would deliver. One note also on the loader, the joystick valve looks like it has cables that go down to the hydraulic valve under the right floor area. All hoses disconnect under there. I almost forgot, cupholders on the right fender. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ DK45 or DK45S #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't have any specs on the new loader. I do know it comes standard with quick attach. The bucket is 72" wide. The dealer is supposed to get me more info Monday morning about the loader. I hope it compares to the 1590 in lifting capabilities. The loader looks well built. )</font>
I'm pretty sure the loader will be better than the 1590, as it is made by a different company. The specs should be similar, although I don't yet have them either. It is a curved arm loader and may be able to lift more than the dog legged style.
That joystick has the cables because the dealers requested that the stick be placed not on the loader frame, but at one's right hand for easier operation. It's much more comfortable that way!
John

/ DK45 or DK45S #8  
KiotiJohn, Do you know the company that is making this loader? I checked the Kioti web site and it does not even show it. But then again it does not list the DK45S, just the DK45! Hope the rollback has been fixed!

/ DK45 or DK45S #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( KiotiJohn, Do you know the company that is making this loader? I checked the Kioti web site and it does not even show it. But then again it does not list the DK45S, just the DK45! Hope the rollback has been fixed! )</font>
I'm not positive, but I believe I was told it's being made by Taesung in S. Korea. They make the ROPS for the CK25/30, and some other goodies.
The rollback is supposed to be 40 degrees on the new loader.
The website is going to be updated with some improvements in the future, and I think there have been some personnel changes so it's not being kept up properly at this time. There are many testimonials that haven't made it to the site yet also.
John

/ DK45 or DK45S #10  
Are you guys saying the S model looks different? Like the DK55? What i do not understand is what all the DK models look so different. It seems like the DK55 look is new and that the all the DK's should look like that, DK35 on up. Am i missing somthing here? How come the S is not mentioned or shown on the kioti website?