Kubota's equivelent to the CK30 std

/ Kubota's equivelent to the CK30 std #11  
Re: Kubota\'s equivelent to the CK30 std

Well, I think these guys have given you as much answer as there is. I think the major MFGs are making an effort NOT to make comparable tractors just so it's harder for the competition to be comparable. The more confused one is, the less likely you'll find another brand that is close enough! Just my thoughts about it.
Bob gave a pretty good synopsis of the models. The L3130 is probably the most closely related, but add a loader valve, joystick and all the other goodies found on the CK30, and I doubt you'll find the pricing comparable.
John

/ Kubota's equivelent to the CK30 std

yup.....solid work guys. I'm finding out also there is no clear cut comparison . I was verifing if I had missed something

/ Kubota's equivelent to the CK30 std #13  

Just went through the same comparison recently: came down to CK30 and L3400 after much shopping.

I had basically decided I liked the look, features, weight, hp, and price of the CK30 std. I noticed that it was a little less zippy when trying a model with loader and backhoe, but I thought that that was to be expected with so much extra weight.

Then I tried the L3400DT. I really didn't want to like the 'bargain model' Kubota with the less stylish look to the hood and operator's area. However, I found the extra hp really made a HUGE difference in this power range of CUT. The loader on the L3400 seemed to be many times faster and the joystick location felt very natural. Finally, the transmission was far tighter -- the shuttle shift on the dash of the CK30 just seemed to have too many linkages on it's path to the tranny...not as positive IMO.

The deal maker was the lower price for the L3400 and vastly superior resale value in my area.

If I could have purchased the CK30 for less, I would have likely bought this great-looking, well appointed machine.

One last thought: folks make a great deal about the weight of the CK30 being 500# more than the L3400. This is great if all you will be doing is operating in conditions where traction must be maximized with no thought to the surface condition left by the tractor, or the power eaten to pull this weight around all the time. The fact is that the L3400 has amazing traction, and the lighter weight makes it less destructive on the lawn (still awfully heavy on the wet turf with large tracks left). The extra hp and lighter weight really make it seem more nimble. You can always add more weight!!!

Both beautiful machines!! Drive them both...

Shawn

/ Kubota's equivelent to the CK30 std #14  

Hello Drew, as far as a comparison goes between the Ck 30 and the L3130 , Both machines are very close in weight ,hp ,lenth, the kubota is sligthy wider and the Kioti has a better workplatform view. As far as loaders goes, the standard kubota loader you get with the L3130 is the 513. Which again is very similar in capability to the standard Kioti k130 loader. Once you go the the 723 loader , Bob is right that now the kubota has an considerable advantage over the standard K130. Kubota has the extra loader options where Kioti does not. But... One thing to remember is that many of your kioti dealers , as well as kubota dealers carry the woods loaders as well as the standard loaders for each machine. And with that said, I bought the woods 1012 loader for my ck30 and it will easily match up to the Kubota 723 loader.. Now you factor in cost, the kioti i have will do anything the L3130 will do and all for about 3500 dollars less . That was comparing the best prices for both machines here in the Albany Ny area..

. Now you factor in cost, the kioti i have will do anything the L3130 will do and all for about 3500 dollars less

Thanks for the great info as this very similar to what I'm finding. Never say never but I have no plans to use then sell whatever machine I end up with but I can tell you this. Every single time I do find a machine to compare to the CK30, the CK30 wins. I keep coming back to it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota's equivelent to the CK30 std #16  

I sure like mine, I'm new at this so my opinion doesn't mean much comparison wise. I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

L3400 doesn't have the syncro reverser but 4 more HP