No trade in value?

/ No trade in value? #21  
All tractors should be kept for at least 3 to 4 years. Then there value will level out, Everyone takes a bath if traded every year.

/ No trade in value? #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Everyone takes a bath if traded every year. )</font>

Not true. I've made money on several JD and Kubota tractors after owning them for around 2 years or so. I bought them outright from the dealership and later sold them outright for more than I paid for them to start with. Resale does make a difference between brands.

/ No trade in value? #23  
<font color="red"> Everyone takes a bath if traded every year. </font>

Well I can't speak to EVERY year, but my NH dealer just offered me a 100% trade in on a 22 month old tractor. I got a letter from NH yesterday saying that I should contact my dealer about getting an extended warrenty as my 2 year warrenty is about to expire. I stopped in and was looking at some larger tractors, asked about trading in my TC24D, they offered me what I paid for it. I'm holding out for more.

/ No trade in value? #25  
Not really, the price of the TC26 is higher than the TC24, the TC24 seems to be in great demand because of the price difference on the newer models and are being snapped up quickly. I got an excellent price when I bought mine, my local dealer matched one of the TBN long distance dealers prices on the tractor and beat the long distance dealers prices on both the MMM (by about $500) and the FEL (by almost $300) so when you add it all up, I got a great deal when I purchased and the demand is high due to the higher priced model coming into the market. Not to mention that NH, in my market, is pretty much considered an ultra premium machine. Now each market is different, so that will vary by area. But there was a saying around here that you could tell when a farmer was doing well because he had blue tractors.

/ No trade in value? #26  
It's a shame any tractor dealer didn't represent the product properly. Now in the case of Kioti in the IN area that really is a shame as I have not found , in my search, a better value than Kioti.................period. Unless someone can inform me otherwise, features and pricing have it all over the competition hands down. There was some discussion on another thread about dealers knocking the competition and that certainly seems to be the case around my area bringing up Kioti to non-Kioti dealers. As a matter of fact, the Kioti bashing is well rehersed because of all the dealers I've encountered during my negotiations it is the same bashing story which tells me they should spend time finding out more about the Kioti .Again there are tons of nice things being said about the kioti here and most of the negative comments are from dealers who have turned me off through no fault of my own. In the case of the topic of this thread perhaps you can refer to the above comments for an answer! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ No trade in value? #27  
<font color="blue">Well I can't speak to EVERY year, but my NH dealer just offered me a 100% trade in on a 22 month old tractor. </font>

Sounds like a good deal. He just tack it on to the new one. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

RedDog

/ No trade in value? #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Sounds like a good deal. He just tack it on to the new one.)</font>
Yep, take it off the MSRP and up any extras just enough, and he'll make a nice little profit. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
John

/ No trade in value? #29  
So are you going to do it Bob? Given the oppertinuity I'd jump up simply to not have a tractor thats gone obsolete. Maybe then you can get another few years out of the 26 with minimal loss.