Is Kioti Viable for the Long Term??

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Is Kioti Viable for the Long Term?? #81  
There is nothing wrong with someone speaking positive about a tractor they believe in.. There are many regulars from other brands who frequent the Kioti rooms while spinng for there own favorites. I looked very closely at the Kubota and New Holland before finding Kioti. I had heard from a few construction coworkers about how tough these tractors were and wanted to see myself.. I talked briefly with many of the Kubota regulars because i almost bought the B3030.Also a great bunch of guys.. I drove 2 hours to Syracuse to see this B3030 first hand.. Very pretty tractor, but soon as i sat on it, the fender handle flexed 4 inches in my hand.,i new i needed something more heavy duty. That made be go look at the Kiotis..I knew at once this was a very well made machine. Bottom line is i drove 1 1/2 hours to buy my Ck30hst. and never looked back...The tractor is built like a brute for a 30hp. Viking came in here predisposed with his opinions on Kioti.. Putting his own brand of spin oblivious to the advice he was given here.The big 3 tractors he speaks about are only as good as the reliability of there latest products. Many of the big three brands are having serious problems with there new models, and thats to be expected to a degree, what these companies do for there customers is what will determine there futures as well.. Viking, pay close attention to see what happens, maybe youll learn something...

/ Is Kioti Viable for the Long Term?? #82  
I would like to apologize for that one post KJ. I also had praise in that post about you but went on a long diatribe on how I feel about Kioti again. I ended up shortening it to just the one sentence:
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kioti's are great, not perfect, but great. What more can you ask for in a review? )</font>
Because you all have heard it before (in this thread even)... I inadvertently edited out the praise for you also. The original post before I edited myself also had this statement (or something close to it):
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( In Kioti John's defense, I have also seen him NOT recommend certain MMM's because of known issues.)</font>

I really meant to include both statements, but messed up because of hasty self editing.

/ Is Kioti Viable for the Long Term?? #83  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If people have read your posts, regardless of the problem with anything Kioti, it is always the dealer or operator error. )</font>
If anyone has read my posts, they're read how I don't think the MMM is any good on the Kioti, and they've read about problems they might never have known. They've also read when I've recommended other brands when it was appropriate, and they've read when I've defended Kubota when someone like you was misrepresenting the brand and running it down.
I think it's rather funny that you would bring the PM into the thread, which gives me the lead to inculde it here, but I won't since then, people would see exactly how the problem wasn't with Kioti being more expensive, but that you have problems with every dealer you go to who can't deliver on all your demands. You've sent me enough PMs, and posted enough times in the forum about your troubles with Kubota and every other dealer/brand that you've had. Our records are there for all to see, and it's clear that you've only just attacked me because I hit the nail on the head.
John

/ Is Kioti Viable for the Long Term?? #84  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I would like to apologize for that one post KJ. I also had praise in that post about you but went on a long diatribe on how I feel about Kioti again. I ended up shortening it to just the one sentence: )</font>
Robert, please don't give it a moments thought. I wasn't bothered by your post, I just wanted to make sure you and others knew why I post some of the things I do about Kioti for newbies that may not know what's available.
You certainly did nothing wrong.
Thanks for your kind words though.
John

/ Is Kioti Viable for the Long Term?? #85  
We've got to take this MMM thing up in another thread...I've not seen a single negative post from an OWNER. I've often heard about these "problems" but never have gotten a good feel as to exactly what they were. I've about ten hours on mine and generally feel pretty warm and fuzzy with its performance. I was/am going to post my thoughts after I get a few more hours on it.

Getut, I realize you weren’t picking on the MMM per say and only brought it up in defense of KJ. I'm not trying to hammer you either. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Other than I'm sorry to interrupt, I guess I'm done.
Keep up the good work.
gun1.gif

Regards, J /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Is Kioti Viable for the Long Term?? #86  
This post is my response to this entire thread, not just the previous poster.

My name's Jim, and I'm a Kubota owner. (Hi, Jim).

When I started my tractor search 2 years ago, the CK20 was one of the units I considered, along with the B7500 and BX22. I went with the BX because it would do what I needed and was about $4,000.00 less than a CK20 or B7500. One thing I noticed at that time about Kioti posts on this board and another tractor site was that the CK and its accessories\parts (particularly backhoes) seemed to be in very short supply. Shoot, people were even posting when the boats laden with CK's were leaving Korea.

Nowadays, I don't see those types of posts. Kioti has expanded their CK lineup, and all the while, with a growing number of very satisfied (if not rabidly loyal /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) owners. So, is Kioti viable for the long term? Sure as heck looks like they're heading in that direction. Just my 2 cents worth.

/ Is Kioti Viable for the Long Term?? #87  
Gees KJ, I re-read my posts and I still dont' see where I've said anything negative about Kioti here. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif As to your satisfaction, I have clearly stated when there has been a problem with my "big 3" tractor.

Just because I won't pay full retail for a Kioti at the only "local" dealer in my area, you send me a PM insulting me. You seem upset that I mentioned the PM. Please review your post; "more to come in a PM". You brought it up. I have nothing to hide. You can post your PM to me here if you want. It won't offend me. If something works well, I recommend it. If something doesn't work well, I'll tell of that as well. I still don't see the problem with that.

This thread is about the viability of Kioti. My input was on my experience with shopping a Kioti, and why I think they need more dealers. I even agreed completely with the poster who mentioned that Korean cars have now become well respected in the U.S.. I even said that I think Kioti is on the same track. Therefore, my answer was that it certainly appears that Kioti is viable, but they need to work out dealer issues to increase their volume. Obviously you disagree, which is fine. But, man, your personal attack when I mentioned that a deeply discounted Kubota was less than a full list Kioti is something else. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

We all know that you live and die by Kioti, but dude, lighten up. I don't care how you slice it, but if a tractor comes with a defective part to start with, it isn't the buyer who is the problem. Also, I guess I'll always be a "traitor" with tractors. I'll never wear blinders and stay with one brand of tractor without trying out others when I buy. If being tractor "color blind" is a bad thing in your mind, then so be it.

I've said my part on the viability of Kioti, and compared them to the respected Hyundai and Kia autos from Korea. Dealers still gladly take my money on the purchase of new tractors too. However, if they don't provide me with service after the sale (no matter the brand), I generally move on. That's the way I am. You can be happy about it or stew about it. It honestly makes no difference to me, nor do I see where it has anything to do with the viability of Kioti. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I think Kioti will be fine. You are free to agree or disagree as much as you like.

/ Is Kioti Viable for the Long Term?? #88  
I believe that this thread has outlived it's usefulness.

Time to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.