New CK30hst with 130 loader

/ New CK30hst with 130 loader #1  

novey

Afterr alot of browsing on the site i ended up buying the ck3o hst with the loader. In the first weekend i cleared all of the trees of the building site on my 85 acres in the upper valley of vt.(my bucket already looks 5 years old after 10 hours of work) Now it is time to bush hog the 10+- acres of fields( almost completely flat). I have other areas in the mountain that i want to bush hog that is a little more serious but that is once in a lifetime kind of stuff. Now I am having a decision making issue on the rotary cutter. I can get the 5' king kutter from TSC for 635 or I can get the 5'bush hog for @1100 . I know that the bush hog is a better machine but at this moment i really don't want to spend an extra 500 bucks and i know that the 5' is the correct size. Any help would be great

/ New CK30hst with 130 loader #2  
Lot's of people have posted that they use the KK mowers with great success. They aren't painted very well, but who cares as long as you occasionally repaint and keep it clean so it doesn't rust prematurely. The KK will probably last you a long time, and when you buy a new one way down the road, you still didn't have that much in it. Who knows, it may last you almost as long as the BH brand.
I use a Howse economy 48" mower on my CK20, and it holds up quite well under fairly heavy use.
I'd go with the KK and save the bucks for now.
John

/ New CK30hst with 130 loader #3  
I have the 5' KK on my CK30, it seems to work fairly good although it's my first one. It seems to vibrate a lot. Every thing seems tight. It's a pain to put together and dosn't come with guards. I hit a rock yesterday then heard a loud ping underneath - luckily it hit the bucket, not the oil pan.

It looks like you get what you pay for. I went with the kk to save money. My Woods finish mower runs a lot smother but that may be because its a finish mower.

Either way your going to have a blast. Larry

/ New CK30hst with 130 loader #4  
My 530 John Deere is lightweight and vibrates alot as well.

It seems as though Atwoods around here is about 569.00 on the 5' KK. Sure you can't find a better price up there?

We don't have a tsc around tulsa. I guess it's Atwoods or nothing... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New CK30hst with 130 loader #5  
I have to jump in here. I bought a 5' KK Brush Cutter five years ago. I have used it about 60% of my tractoring hours in that time since brush cutting is what I do most. That is about 200 hours worth. I have been through about 7 shear bolts /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. That means a lot of small trees, rocks, stumps and my stupidity at times. It still works fine with no leaks and the paint is even holding up well though I keep inside. I would buy another just like it tomorrow is it got gone. BTW, one thing I did modify is I added another set of pins about a foot under the ones that come on it. I could never get the cutter to level right for mowing and carrying on my L3010 or my current LK3054 until I did that. Works great now. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ New CK30hst with 130 loader #6  
I run a King Kutter brush mower on my DK 35.
Works fine.. Like bbse said, the lift pins will need lowered for the 3 point to lift it high enough.
I drilled new holes and lowered the lift pins 5". Easy to do and only took a few minutes.

/ New CK30hst with 130 loader #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have the 5' KK on my CK30, it seems to work fairly good although it's my first one. It seems to vibrate a lot. Every thing seems tight. )</font>

Larry,
Check your blades and make sure they swing freely on the stump jumper.
My KK brush mower would sometimes shake and vibrate. I had 1 blade that didn't swing freely enough. Pulled the weeds out that were stuck between the stump jumper and blade. Give it an occasional shot of oil where the blades swing. It now runs nice and smooth..

/ New CK30hst with 130 loader #8  
Congratulations Novey on your choice of tractor.. As far as King Kutter goes, some guys in here will tell you that there not as good as the top names like woods,landpride or bushhog,and rightfully so, but unless your using these implements professionally, the King Kutter should do just fine.. I have the 7ft Kk landscape rake and 6ft KK boxblade and the have done everything ive needed.. You cant beat the prices .. Good luck..

/ New CK30hst with 130 loader #9  
Lucky you! With any luck maybe I'm next! My psyche work is completed and I've convinced myself that I need a CK30HST/TLB worse than the $20K. I still need to find a dealer that is motivated to sell me one.
I'm a new girl to the form and want to thank ya'll for the time and effort you've put into this website. I'd still be looking and scratching my head without it. I have not owned a tractor since I lost my ranch in a divorce settlement 25 years ago. Prior to that I owned and used a Silver King (yeah, that one came over on the Mayflower!) an 8N, a 530 JD (propane popp'n John) and a JD 2630. I think this little Kioti CK HST is gonn'a be a rocking chair after those shifters.
Is $20K in the ball park of a good purchase price for the CK30 hst/with KL130 FEL and the 2375 hoe? Has anyone paid noticibly more or less than this? And one last query. I have a 16 ft tandem axle flat bed with rear axle brakes and a GMC C1500 350 V8. Is this setup gonn'a cut the mustard for short hauls less than 60 MPH? I have used it to carry a Kubota B20 TLB from the rental place with no problems at all, but the Kioti is perhaps 1000 lbs more?

/ New CK30hst with 130 loader #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Is $20K in the ball park of a good purchase price for the CK30 hst/with KL130 FEL and the 2375 hoe? Has anyone paid noticibly more or less than this? And one last query. I have a 16 ft tandem axle flat bed with rear axle brakes and a GMC C1500 350 V8. Is this setup gonn'a cut the mustard for short hauls less than 60 MPH? I have used it to carry a Kubota B20 TLB from the rental place with no problems at all, but the Kioti is perhaps 1000 lbs more? )</font>
The Kioti is right at 4000lbs with the BH. The trailer you have sounds like a 7000lb. That will work. I don't know what the truck is rated for..

Here's my ck30 purchase a month ago..
ck30 , ag tires, 60" bucket on FEL(kl130), rear worklights added, toothbar 15,460.00

kb2375 Bach hoe, hose kit and subframe kit 12" bucket - 4800.00
Extra 24" bucket - 300.00
Grille Guard - 150.00
15-bb-60 Kioti box blade - 450.00
Adding hooks to the bucket per customer request. - 65.00
Less cash discount - 300.00

Grand total here, without tax is 20,925.00

Keep in mind, the R4 tires are much higher.