CK30 ROPS

/ CK30 ROPS #11  
Two local dealers 50 miles apart. Each have a stock CK30 HST. Only difference I see is one ROPS folds in the middle and the other at the bottom near the fenders. Has one tractor been hanging around longer than the other?

/ CK30 ROPS #12  
I just leave mine up and attempt going in....CLANG!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ CK30 ROPS #13  
If I put my ROPS down, it rubs on light well, on the inside where its gray. I have actually put a cut of about 1/8" right into the plastic. If you want them down, just put the pins in the other holes and they will be partiall down, almost 45 degrees and you should be able to fit it into any normal garage and not ruin your paint job either

/ CK30 ROPS #14  
It my understanding that the one that folds at the bottom is last years model. I looked at a ck25 where I bought the 30 and that is what the dealer told me. The one that folds in the middle is this years ROPS /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ CK30 ROPS #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Only difference I see is one ROPS folds in the middle and the other at the bottom near the fenders. Has one tractor been hanging around longer than the other? )</font>
The full ROPS that comes down from the bottom came out first, and then the folding ROPS. However, that doesn't mean the tractor with the non-folding in the middle ROPS is very old, because of the way Kioti ordered the tractors, non have really been around too long.
I would just go by the hours, and pick the one you want with no worries.
John

/ CK30 ROPS #16  
I don't think they do it like cars, they make a change regardless of year model. I bought mine in March of 05 with the old style ROPS, thought I wanted the newer style, but the older one works well with my FOPS.

/ CK30 ROPS #17  
When at a 45, mine rubs the fender on the right side. Someone else had this problem and posted a while a go. I think he took off the top part and heated it up and bent the side pieces to fit better. I haven't had time to see if there is a way to make a minor adjustment where it bolts on to the axle.