Good, Bad, Or fair DK45S $

/ Good, Bad, Or fair DK45S $ #1  

ScottV

My girlfriend is getting close and got a few prices.
I thought I post them here and see if you think it is fair.
It is in Southern Oregon and the closest Kioti dealer to her.
The one interesting thing is the info on the additive to the cc to
make it non-corrosive. Is that true or something she should avoid or run tubes??? Rim guard is not available here form the info he provided.

Here is some prices and if you guys think it is fair, she is going to
own a orange tractor.

If you could see any areas of improvement feel free.
It is a lot of Tractor for the $$$$ (IMO)
I think with this unit the 1200-1500 LB max, Hay bales should
fine. It;s only off of a flat bed pickup.

Kioti DK45S R4 Tires. $18,300.00

Kioti KL451 Loader. $4,500.00 (Includes 72"
quick attach bucket, Quick attach plate, and Custom Grill Guard)

Kioti KB2385 Backhoe. $5,800.00 (Includes 16" bucket

Greenline FH5500-12 Post Hole Auger. $665.00 (Includes 12" auger)

Bush Hog SQ720R-3 6' Squealer rotary mower. $1,300.00

Rankin SSF-3542 Pallet forks with quick attach plate 3,500 lb. capacity $995.00

Factory repair manual $65.00

50 Hour service $150.00

Delivery of new tractor. Free

The calcium that is used now has a antirust inhibitor in it. For the
Industrial tires on a DK45S it should cost $150.00 for both tires.

Tractors out here seem to run a little more money, then in some of the other parts of the country.

Total #31,915

Thanks,
Scott

PS- I never knew I was this lucky with Women.
She is building 50 x60 shop too!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Good, Bad, Or fair DK45S $ #2  
See the PM I sent you. From my search every thing is a little higher from my low quotes and you might try water with wiper fluid for tire ballast.

/ Good, Bad, Or fair DK45S $ #3  
I don't know the price difference out there, but the DK45S I bought was much lower out here. If you can price check him with other dealers I would. If your happy with the price, then buy it. You will not be sorry with the tractor. Handles great. I used windshield washer fluid in my tires. With all the loader work I do I don't use any other ballast in the rear of the tractor. Never had any problems with the back end getting light. Good luck to you!!

Donny

/ Good, Bad, Or fair DK45S $ #4  
The tractor price is not terrible, but you seem to not be getting any discount off the attachments at all. You should be able to do a little better on the loader and backhoe buying all this at the same time. There's room for improvement in all the other add-ons as well.
John

/ Good, Bad, Or fair DK45S $
Ok thanks guys,
I thought she needed to do a little more work.

How many gals of washer fluid would she need in each tire?
Is there a tool to fill the tires, that she could get on-line?
Have any of you guys heard of the CC that is less corrosive??
Still bad news???

Scott

/ Good, Bad, Or fair DK45S $ #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Have any of you guys heard of the CC that is less corrosive??
Still bad news??? )</font>
While many people use Calcium Chloride fill, I'd prefer the windshield washer fluid, or better yet, RV antifreeze.
CC works great to keep tires from freezing, weighs more than many other materials, and won't corrode the inside of the tire rim unless exposed to air (a stuck tire), but if it gets out, it's going to kill whatever it touches, and if you don't get it fixed quickly, you're going to lose a lot of fluid all over wheverever you are. I don't really know anything about a less corrosive CC. Sounds a little fishy to me, but who knows? If it's CC, it's corrosive.
A filler adapter can usually be bought at many auto parts and farm stores. I think Tractor Supply Company (TSC) sells them as well.
Here's a link to a CC/water guide that may help. It's a PDF file that you can print out.
John CC-water guide

/ Good, Bad, Or fair DK45S $
I like the sound of rv antifreeze better.
The place that fills the tires is a major tire company,
that started out in farm country in the Northwest. I will find out more from them. I know how corrosive that stuff is, because I use something like it in my air drier (water trap). The vapors from
draining it will rust everything in sight!!!

thanks for the info, I will look it over.
Scott

/ Good, Bad, Or fair DK45S $ #8  
I don't think your price was a normal discount.............LOL. Heard from Travis? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Good, Bad, Or fair DK45S $ #9  
Those are good prices on the tractor. You are getting about 20% off list plus the dealer had freight, set-up, battery, etc.

/ Good, Bad, Or fair DK45S $ #10  
Looks like you got quoted a better price than I did for the Cub Cadet version (Kioti dealer is too far away so I went to the Cub store to check one out a few months ago). I'd say you got a nice machine at a nice price.