Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #1  

TractorLegend

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 DK 45HST SE w/ FEL
I recently inquired via email about my soon purchace of a CK30hst w/ fel and pull behind finish mower.
I apparently made the "cardinal sin" of asking for a quote since visiting the lot is about 80 miles away. I got a short, terse reply "just price shopping eh??" I was quoted on the tractor with some off brand loader and mower without asking or further conversing my desires. I replied asking for info or links on the off brand implements only to be ignored. This would have been a good time to be inviting and discuss options. I dont always/ usually dont buy the cheapest. I'll always buy where i'm comfortable. So I felt stereotyped as a lookie-loo. Therefore I'll buy in Centralia. THE EXPERIENCE WAS PURE CUSTOMER REPELLENT, PAULA,IN MY OPINION.

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #2  
I didn't receive any cute replies but I sent out several e-mails and was amazed at how many didn't write back. I would think dealers would pay more attention to this but you can't tell people how to be. As it turned out, I ended up making a deal with a dealership that did, in fact, e-mail me back.

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #3  
I have come to believe that the ratio of dealers who understand what doing business is really about and those who are in it for thier own self gratification (what ever form that takes...$$, etc) does not favor the good guy. While trying to make up my mind about brand and then, after having done that, trying to find the best deal for my small mortgage, I had to have emailed and called some 15 dealers. I received 2 phone replies and 2 email replies and of those 4 only one gave me a quote. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I knew what I wanted and explained what I needed. You'd think that would have made is easier and would've reassured them that I was an educated prospect and not just window shopping. Having my own business, I understand how important it is to be as productive/profitable with your time as possible yet still being helpful.

Still /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #4  
I know my experience with different dealers was not everything I expected.

I contacted dealers by email, phone and in person. I ended up buying from an out of state dealer, who always responded, did not matter if it was email or phone.

I am truly happy with my dealer and the deal I made with Jay from LittleTractor on my CK20HST. (TLB, PHD, RFM, trailer)

It seems that dealers are not changing with the times, and are probably losing sales to those dealers that understand todays market better.

CT_Jeff

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #5  
I'd like to chime in on the quote thing. What I found was after I spent the dime to call dealers it seemed they didn't stray from the list price. I don't know if they took me serious or not. In my research the most outragoues quote was from a New Holland dealer. A comperable model after the description of what I found and my needs was thousands higher than the nearest high quote. Oh well, I did my homework and am very comfortable with my decision. I made my deal with a dealer who's quote led the pack from the start to finish

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #6  
My dealer never responded by e mail when asked for a quote. I went out there anyway and ended up buying from them in spite of their poor e mail performance. In their defense, they're not real hip to puters.

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha
Yeah, me too in business--I fully get not wanting to waste time but yes I do know what tractor I'm getting, have studied, and linked their business off this site where they offer their service only to be snubbed. I never said "Oh thats way too much", or anything. I hope theyre happy with their existing customers. What we have lost in the US seems to be the power to vote with our wallets----businesses oft seem happy to see you and your wallet walk off, and most wave with a smile on the way out /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #8  
Having worked in the business (Chevy automotive dealer, and yes tractor dealer operate the same way.) I can tell you that *most* dealers encourage sales people ignore internet sales opportunities because the walk-ins are an easier sale and can make them more money. Telephone and e-mails will get the reply (if any) of list prices and nothing else because they don't want to give away any numbers for the customer to "shop" around with. We were instructed to use e-mail and telephone to make appointments for the customer to come to the dealership and were also told that any number other than window sticker given would result in immediate termination.

Internet sales are difficult because the buyer is educated on the product and will not take any sales spin from the salesperson, and not make the dealer as much money. So, their opinion becomes why bother? Why spend all kinds of time answering e-mails and the like when your price is gonna get shopped anyway?

This is an "old school" attitude which is perpetuated by the current generation of sales managers, not necessarily the sales people, but their bosses. They figure that there are so few internet buyers, they can afford to ignore them and concentrate on the walk-ups who they can bushwhack into spending more money. This, of course is laughable.

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Yes, I'm cynical about the business. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #9  
Sad to see this. I'll slam any dealer that treats me like dirt....I'll also defend them if they go above and beyond with customer satisfaction.

It's been well over a year ago but my experience with Paula was quite different. I actually bought a FEL from a grey market dealer on a pallet (new) and with no information, tracked it's origin down to manufactured by Cowlitz.

I contacted Cowlitz, spoke with Paula and she gave me all the information about how it was made, what was missing; weld tabs, bolts, nuts and primary mounting support (girdle). Even though I did not buy it from them the information, suggestions and knowledge came freely and friendly. And all was done via e-mail and phone.

Regards, Mark

/ Cowlitz Tractor, Ha Ha Ha #10  
Don't know about you guys but I would'nt buy a soda from anyone that slams the competition like they do? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif