Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear

/ Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear #1  

Twigman

It's crunch time! Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear? I will be getting FEL, BH among other things. I will semi clearing ( taking out small trees and brush) about 10 acres, cutting in a long driveway, site work for a house and a barn and a whole lot of other things! HST very easy to operate, C35 w/ 50HL loader is alot more powerful and heavier, but have to shift.

/ Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear #2  
I don't know a lot about Century. I'm assuming a C35 is 35 HP.
If so the Century would have more power than a CK 30 and the 50HL loader would also be more powerful.
I quess it comes down to if you need that extra power or not.
A DK 35 would likely be a closer comparison, of course you would still have to shift.. With a shuttle/sycronized transmission thats not a problem.

/ Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear #3  
I personally think the Kioti is better built, but that's just my opinion. As Vince points out, these are not comparable machines. If you like the HST, there's not question, go for the CK30.
If you require more capacity that the Century may offer, you have your answer.
I much prefer the Daegong Engines.
John

/ Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear #4  
I second what John said. I did look very strongly at the Centruy/Branson line. True the Century will pick up more but As my dad said you will always find something that your tractor won't be able to pick up.
The fit and the finish in my opinion is a lot better on the Kioti. I love my CK30 HST and wouldn't trade it for anything. As far as the capibilities of the CK30 it is AWESOME. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just picked up some teeth for a tooth bar that I'm going to make when I get home from working in Colo. I also really like my 2375 backhoe to. When I get home I will start digging my basement. 28X50. It will take a few days but it will give me a lot of experience and a whole lot of fun. Along with saving me a lot of money. I also will be digging my footings and putting them in along with the basement floor.
I have no doubts about the capabilties. The HST will be nice for that also. Mark

/ Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear #5  
dito on what others here have said. Do yourself a favor and compare apples to apples to the best of your ability...................not that you are not! I think that Century goes from 28hp to 35hp in their product line. If I'm wrong someone please correct me. With that said, it is difficult to make comparisons because we typically go by HP of a tractor. Try to make a comparison between a CK30 and a Kubota model model? you can't..........as I found out. Point being, instead of basing your decision on two different manufacturers, first try to establish a "class" or size machine. Century/Branso does what Kubota does compared to Kioti........................somewhere between what they offer.

/ Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear #6  
Luv my CK30HST, glad I got hydro---mower doesnt stop when changing direction like a gear would and just plain convenient to use HST. Great power steering, 4X4 and locking rear diff. Built very strong and well put together says this career mechanic. With proper care I could see it lasting ones lifetime. Very few complaints among owners on this forum apparently. (I would like fuel easier to fill but can live with that) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear #7  
Twigman, where are you located? I know a dealer who carries both of these brands. I can only speak about the CK30 and can tell you that I'm very satisfied with this tractor. Plenty of power and as someone else pointed out, the power steering is effortless no matter what. This may sound silly, but that is usually one of the first things I mention when people ask me how I like my tractor. Of course I had an old tractor with no power steering before so maybe this has something to do with it. I shopped for NH and Kubota and then made the right choice - CK30HST /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear #8  
<font color="blue"> I shopped for NH and Kubota and then made the right choice - CK30HST </font>/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It does seem that the KIOTI line has become VERY popular among the ones who know. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear #9  
Twigman it can be difficult sometimes to compare apples to apples with certain brands, I think what is important is that you found two tractors that you believe can suit your needs. Here is what I think, the CK 30 hst could handle your needs even though its HST, under certain jobs and condition when clearing for instance the Century would be the better tractor in my view, this being said, I would still get the kioti because it can handle all of the jobs description you mention and its easier (no shifting) to get the job done with HST, the only concern I would have with the CK is the undercarriage of the tractor when clearing small trees and brush, you wouldn't want to damage any hydro lines or rip off any oil filters...cag

/ Kioti Ck30 w/HST or Century C35 Gear #10  
It does seem that an educated consumer is the best consumer. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif