How does the DK45S Shuttle shift trany work?

/ How does the DK45S Shuttle shift trany work? #1  

Lightning

Tractor
Ferguson TO-30
I'm used to the old 50's style tractor transmission. Can someone explain how the Shuttle transmission on the DK45S works?
Thanks

/ How does the DK45S Shuttle shift trany work? #2  
There is a lever similar to a turn signal stalk on a car that you move forward and aft to go from forward to reverse.

I drove a 45S this weekend - nice machine. I want to compare it to the new Massey 1548.

/ How does the DK45S Shuttle shift trany work? #3  
Very easy to use. Push clutch in and shift the lever forward or backwards. Tractor does not have to be stopped to shift, but you do have to use the clutch. From what I understand the new model 45S has an extra synchro in the trans over the older model. Trans shifts great. Lots of gear combinations. Never heard or read about any trans concerns. Some dealers who are members here can probably give some more complete info on the trans operation and durability.

/ How does the DK45S Shuttle shift trany work?
so is it the same lever for forward / reverse as gear 1, 2 , 3 and so? or is there still a normal type of shifter for which gear your using...

/ How does the DK45S Shuttle shift trany work? #5  
You have a 3 speed rear-end in the tractor with 4 gears in each range, so that gives you 12 forward and 12 reverse. The shuttle up on the dash determines if you are going forward or reverse. For example say if you have the Range shifter in the Mid position, and the gear shifter in 2nd gear, depending on the location of the shuttle (forward or reverse) determines the direction your tractor will travel.

Hope this doesn't sound to confusing.

Thanks for the info, that helps... I think i have to go test drive one now!
It looks like a sweet machine with some great specs.
hopefully it feels as good as it looks...

/ How does the DK45S Shuttle shift trany work? #7  
Be careful. If you drive it, you will buy it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How does the DK45S Shuttle shift trany work? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You have a 3 speed rear-end in the tractor with 4 gears in each range, so that gives you 12 forward and 12 reverse. The shuttle up on the dash determines if you are going forward or reverse. For example say if you have the Range shifter in the Mid position, and the gear shifter in 2nd gear, depending on the location of the shuttle (forward or reverse) determines the direction your tractor will travel.
)</font>

Adding to what Jon said above. You need to stop to shift between low/medium/high ranges, but the 4 gears in each range can be shifted on the go, forward or reverse (no need to stop to shift)

Well i called the 2 dealers that are withing 200 miles of me and neither of them have one... the one tried to sell me a CK30 and the other tried to sell a massey to me, stateing that Kioti is **** to get parts for... well i hope that isnt true...
so i dont know what i'm gonna do... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ How does the DK45S Shuttle shift trany work? #10  
Depending on what you need the tractor for such as size of property and jobs that you need to do, the CK30 might just be what you need. As far as the parts, I don't believe that at all. I'm sure some of the dealers on here will speak up and set your mind at ease.