DK40 in WA

/ DK40 in WA #1  

Highbeam

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
Folks, I have sold my bulldozer and am suffering from lack of diesel fumeitous.

I was looking at Kubotas but they have a huge hole in their lineup where the DK40 fits like a charm and then I discovered the cost savings with Kioti and think I am a convert.

Here are two quotes, not quite apples to apples but pretty close. I need a trailer and am not afraid to drive for about 30 cents a mile. I will be financing about half of the purchase.

Texas (2600 miles 41 hours each way): DK40 Kioti Tractor with your choice of tires, KL1470 Kioti Front End Loader, 6ft howse Box Blade, 6ft howse Shredder and a 20ft 7700gvwr Trailer w/brakes on one axle and ramps.
Package Price: $20,895.00 no tax but WA may catch up with me.

Local: DK40 w/ag tires and KL1470 loader w/66" bucket $18,207
RC20-72 mower $1,046
BB20-72 box blade $504
Car trailers are about 2000$ in these parts.

Are there any dealers any closer that may be more competitive? Are these prices good? I am not hung up on buying local except for my convenience.

Thanks in advance.

/ DK40 in WA #2  
I'm not sure where Buckley is, but there is a dealer in Post Falls Idaho that is near Spokane that may be able to help you out.
Specialty Feed & Tractor
13853 W. HWY 53
Post Falls, ID 83854
Main Line: Kioti

If I were you, I'd step the trailer up to the 10K# range for that tractor so that you have plenty of buffer for carrying other implements along with the tractor.

I imagine that the one you have a quote on will do, but there isn't a lot of load range left if you have the tractor, loader and a mower on. I often need to carry a boxblade and landscape rake or other implements as well, and that can eat up your weight load limits. Keep in mind that from the 7700# you have to subtract the weight of the trailer, in my case, about 2K#, and I don't like to load right up to the limit.

Two five thousand pound axles would give you all that you would probably need.

If I were you, I'd negotiate with the local dealer to try to get a very similar package in the price range of the Texas dealer, Rivera no doubt, and get the tires that you want, which may be the industrials?

Hauling the package for 2600 miles is not really a fun thing, and keep in mind that you have to secure the whole thing while you sleep on your trip. I think I'd rather pay a bit more and go local.

Also, I think I would get a price on a DK45S as well. A lot more tractor with a sloped hood and nice new features as well as a double synchronized shuttle shift.

John

/ DK40 in WA #3  
what WA dealer did u try?
Ann the Tractorgal had best prices in Centralia (Sphere enterprises ph # 360-736-8850) i got my CK30HST there in July.
She owes me a hat if you buy all this stuff!
Tell her Mark sent u.
I don't think they sell trailers, but I saw some off the hiway on I-5 a bit north. Maybe Ann can tell you---it appears they have a newer flatbed trailer for delivery purposes.

Also dealing with Cowlitz tractor by email was a joke in my opinion

/ DK40 in WA
I found the tractorguy place through the Kioti dealer locator and dropped by on Thursday. They work out of their house. This is an immediate turnoff for me made worse by the fact that there was not a soul there. To be fair, I hadn't called ahead and also many good things come from people's houses but.... I worry about long term service when a business is so undercapitalized. They don't sell trailers and referred me to a local dealer. Great prices and the gal did call back to indicate I should have called ahead by more than the few hours notice that I gave them. Also great email response. I guess the only thing that bothers me is no apparent staff and no store front, whole shop could be gone tomorrow.

I had a very good experience in Port Orchard at Penninsula Feed Store. They sell JD and now Kioti. They got within a couple hundred of Anne's quote and had mechanics, salesmen, bookkeepers, a shop, half a dozen assembled tractors on display, and they have been selling tractors from that building since 1985. The owner of the company was my salesman. The mechanics are authorized and capable of doing warranty work in house. If I buy local, I will buy there.

Jon at Depratt has also been very helpful and competitive in price. His shop in Kansas is 2100 miles away so my 8 month pregnant wife might not be thrilled about a road trip. He has been able to beat others by 4 figure amounts. Too bad I have to spend 700 bucks in fuel, still a raod trip would be fun.

At your recommendation, I didn't even give Cowlitz tractor the time of day.

I am now looking at that CK30HST that I sat on in Port Orchard. Cool.

/ DK40 in WA #5  
You might want to look north. There are a lot of tractor dealers right near the Canadian border. They might be more willing to deal since there is a lot of competition.

Of course, Oregon is also an attractive state to buy in for certain reasons. I looked at the TractorGuy too but was turned off for the same reasons.

You may want to consider the brand of tractor I have (check my profile). They have some stout machines that compete nicely with Kioti on features and price. If you want a good dealer I can make a recommendation for you.

/ DK40 in WA
PB, the Kioti is already a pretty long stretch for me with my tendency to purchase well known products from well known companies. I will be financing a portion of the purchase so I will end up paying all owed state taxes and such.

/ DK40 in WA
The weight of this bugger with the loader is coming in at around 4800 lbs with ag tires. That's one heavy puppy. Add another thousand for the DK45S. Take away a thousand for the CK30HST. Add 3000 for trailer and implement(s) and we are getting pretty dang heavy for my pickup.

My half ton pickup /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ DK40 in WA #8  
Highbeam,
I live in Texas and Kioti is on my short list of tractor's.
Would you mind telling me who had such good deals on Kioti's that you considered driving to Texas?
I think I should be calling them for a price check on a CK 25.
Thanks Randy

/ DK40 in WA
Moss, I'll PM you the name, awh heck it was Ravena as recommended here on TBN. I looked for a few quotes from TBN folks and was willing to drive a long ways for a great deal. I certainly found some good deals as far away as Texas and Kansas. The deals were not so phenomenal though that it was worth the drive at this time in my life. We are talking about 5 days on the road and a wife about to calve within weeks /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. The price difference in regions is not nearly as large as the difference in price between a Kubota and the similar Kioti.

I have not had a bad experience yet getting quotes from Kioti dealers. All have been very helpful, particularly Depratt who is in SE Kansas. Now trailer dealers on the other hand are a different lot. Those buggers are a lot harder to get working.

/ DK40 in WA #10  
Highbeam,
Thanks I will look them up and see what they have to offer.
I agree that would be a long trip for a tractor.