Kioti owners - Proud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Kioti owners - Proud? #1  

lcisled

Silver Member
As I lurk and look at the various posts on TBN, it seems that those that own Kioti tractors seem to be the highest on their tractor brand.

Lately I have read that some Kioti owners are being looked at as "trolls". I read into the posts that Kioti owners(and other tractor brand owners,but mostly Kioti owners) will join any forum and talk up the benefits of Kioti tractors.

I own both a JD and a Kioti. When visiting with folks about compact tractors, it seems like I will end up talking about the Kioti over the John Deere. If you reread my posts, I have even had some trouble with the Kioti, but I still love the tractor (by the way, I have a great dealer as well). Don't get me wrong, the JD is a great tractor as well, It just seems that I talk the Kioti more.

So, is it a certain personality type that buys Kioti. Only the ones who want to brag up and defend foreign orange tractors buy Kioti? Why are we this way? I seem to get the feeling that others on the board are sick of us. and it seems to be getting worse, or maybe it is my perception that it is getting worse.

Discussions on market share show Kioti not in the top 4-5. But on TBN, there is a Kioti owner on almost every thread. Good luck to anyone that comes on the Kioti forum and talks bad about Kioti tractors!

Anyway, anybody got any explanations?

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyway, anybody got any explanations? )</font>

I don't know, but I like my Kioti! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #3  
IMO..........It's the natural PRE-defense of defending your DECISION cause you know it's coming. Might as well get the first blow........ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mine has been great short of operator error.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I owned Kubota, and after searching all brands for an upgrade, I think I made the right decision. I have near every brands flyer (w/quotes) to prove my search and I came SO close to buying a Mahindra. I was open to all, so in my case, it would be to defend my decision.

I haven't been scolded by a moderator yet so I must be refraining OK, but I do like to remind people to be open to Kioti.

That's my explanation!

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyway, anybody got any explanations? )</font>

From a strickly scientific point of view, without doing any controlled experiments, anything is possible. Could even be a government conspiricy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bonehead

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #5  
People, often times, attack or smear what they do not know...Kioti's are relatively new here, so they are at the butt end of conversation/opinion. Kioti owners are in-the-know, so they defend, accordingly.
But, who wouldn't defend their make/brand decision?!? All of us (hopefully!) have made decisions that were the best at the time, taking many factors into account (needs, wants, finances, dealer, etc.) When uneducated people belittle another's choice, purely subjectively, it is annoying and worthless! That said, when someone who knows the product offers constructive criticism from an objective viewpoint, these suggestions I remember and value.
Steve

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #6  
Interesting topic. I can only speak for myself, so here goes.
I was pretty set on buying a NH or maybe Kubota. I'm the type that wants what I want and don't settle for less. I was prepared to do without rather than buy an "offbrand" tractor.
A friend of mine suggested due to my financial situation that I look at Kioti, Mahandra etc. I took a look and was impressed with the looks, fit and finish of the CK series as well as it's weight and beefy components. I thought dang, all this time I let my pre conceived ideas blind me to a perfectly good choice that was quite a bit more affordable. Now some old timers here will diss me or others as inexperienced with tractors and they will be correct. But, I'm not inexperienced with mechanical things and a tractor is a mechanical thing. I've been a machinist/fabricator for 40 years, so I know a mechanical POS when I see it. I think Deere, NH and Bota are great tractors, if money had been no object I would surely own one, the dealers are closer for one thing. My point when a new guy is asking and price is a factor is to mention Kioti for consideration, I think it's as good as any brand out there. That is just a personal opinion, I have not owned another brand, but I should be so lucky to live long enough to wear mine out. I never try to represent myself as the guru of tractors and I never tell people to buy a Kioti, maybe once as a tongue in cheek joke, but never seriously. Somebody with 5 hours on a tractor has information to share, like don't exit a CK30 on the right side, you don't have to be farming for 30 years to share that little tidbit to a new owner. Anyway, that's my take. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #7  
I would guess that you will get a lot of response on this topic. Can you imagine what KUBOTA owners had to listen to years ago when KUBOTA was getting started in the US? Probably the same things I hear from people when I say I own a KIOTI........... A what?? I have explained, (defended), my decision to buy a KIOTI a few times over the past 5 months and probably will continue to do so for a long time. MY KIOTI will prove to me over the next ten or twenty years that I made the correct decision after looking at four other brands. I feel that most of the tractor buyers on TBN are making a very informed decision and most will and should defend the brand they bought. Maybe KIOTI owners are picked on the most and that is why there is a lot of defending going on(?) As in life, when someone tries to make another person feel inferior, it is because they need to feel superior.

Gettin a little deep now /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'll just keep on saying, "it's a coyote - like the animal" when people say - a what??? Have a nice day /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #8  
I am proud, very proud, mostly because I did my homework. this site provided me with many of the tools I needed to make a buyers decision. I'm also proud of the price I paid. There IS NO machine out there that even comes close in price. I bought a CK30LB HST for $21,699 TOTAL

Not knocking other brands but the dealers I spoke to and there were many, could almost be ashamed of their quotes when I was looking. So, am I proud? Yes, very much so

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #9  
It's going to be a case where you will defend what you know/have. Example: Edsel owners will defend them to thier last breathe. Kioti is good for some people, but not others - just like JD, or 'Bota, etc. Me, for instance, I'm proud to own an American made tractor. It's all a matter of choice. You get what suits YOU.

/ Kioti owners - Proud? #10  
It would be hard, (I believe impossible), to find an American made compact tractor these days. Rather tough to buy anything these days that doesn't support foreign countries /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I don't like it, but there aren't many choices anymore. At least my dealer made a few bucks and they are Americans /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.