C/K 20HST w/MMM & cutting grass?

/ C/K 20HST w/MMM & cutting grass? #1  

pncmathias

Tractor
Kubota BX23 TLB
Does my memory fail me or do I remember someone saying that there were issues with this tractor and its primary function being cutting grass? My primary function will be to cut grass and secondary use of loader and / or backhoe use. Can someone comment? Thank You!

/ C/K 20HST w/MMM & cutting grass? #2  
Yes make sure if you are getting a mid mount mower and a backhoe you tell your dealer up front even if you are not going to buy the backhoe now it will still affect what brand backhoe you can put on the machine.
So far you can only run a Woods backhoe with the mmm.

/ C/K 20HST w/MMM & cutting grass? #3  
As far as cutting grass with the MMM I have no problems and am very happy with it. I also use it to cut over grown pastures in the raised postion, so it takes on the role of a rotary mower for that pupose. With the FEL attached I can remove it in 5 minutes and hook it up in 15 mins.. Not as fast or easy as a rear finish mower for hook up, but certainly not a pain in the rear. I can get right up the house with it or around the trees. I use it in the ditch in the front of the house. A rear finish mower just wouldn't be able to go into some of the spots, at least not with out multiple passes because of turning issues with it hanging off the back of the tractor.

/ C/K 20HST w/MMM & cutting grass? #4  
Many others cut yards with much larger tractors (myself included) so using the CK20 should be no problem at all.

I see your profile mentions the Kubota sub CUTs and pricing...around here you can get a CK20 for much less than the BX23. So depending on what all you are going to do with it, and how big/small your yard is, you have some choices.

Good luck

/ C/K 20HST w/MMM & cutting grass? #5  
I may the the odd man out here. I just bought a CK20 for uses where mowing was a secondary consideration, I would not have bought it if mowing was the first order of business. In general weight is bad for mowing and the CK20 is about the heaviest of the small CUT on the market.

I was using mine this weekend in admittedly sandy soil while bush hogging and I noted quite a lot of "turf" damage from my R4 tires. I had the FEL and a 440 pound Bush Hog attached and my rear tires are loaded so that may have contributed. However, I noted some damage related to the front tires (not in 4WD mode) when turning as well.

I bought the CK20 TLB and am very happy with it but if I had mowing as my main priority I would likely have bought the roughly equivalent Kubota 7510 Turf model. The 7510 Turf comes with a suspended 60" mower and is competitively priced. Although I got a very good deal on my CK20, the MMM was going to cost $2700 extra and was not compatible with the 2375 backhoe.

/ C/K 20HST w/MMM & cutting grass?
I guess my biggest concern is that the overall weight could be a problem. Tractor and MMM is over 2200 lbs. Will this amount of weights leave ruts? I certainly do not have a golf course for a lawn but I do not want to tear up what I do have. Does anyone have this problem? Thanks

/ C/K 20HST w/MMM & cutting grass? #7  
my b3030 (R4s) is a little heavier than that as used mowing and no turf issues as long as ground is dry and in 2wd.......

/ C/K 20HST w/MMM & cutting grass? #8  
I use a CK20 with R4's and MMM at my place and I've never had any turf damage issues. Just use your head about ground conditions in the spring and you'll be fine.

I'd certainly go with the CK20 over any of the ladder framed units in all but the most delicate of circumstances and/or suburban uses. It's a bit bigger so the turning radius is not that of the ladder framed units. Nevertheless you'll have a unit designed for strength and durability vs. one that is designed to compensate for relatively high labor costs and/or benefit the manufacturer with a high margin.

In terms of price Kioti's advantage lies in where it's made vs. how it's made. From a design and manufacturing standpoint the CK20 is more expensive to make than say the BX & 7410, 7510 series, were it made in the same country.
Regards, Jamie

/ C/K 20HST w/MMM & cutting grass?
Is there any quality of cut difference between the 60" side discharge and the 60" rear discharge? I am pretty sure that there is a substantial weight & $$$ difference. Thanks

/ C/K 20HST w/MMM & cutting grass? #10  
The side discharge model is being discontinued, and there is only field inventory left... I would go with the rear if you get one. It spreads the grass clippings out better.