Comparing Kioti DK55 to Mahindra 5500

/ Comparing Kioti DK55 to Mahindra 5500 #1  

HLS

Tractor
JD3020 & Ford2600 Hoping for Mahindra 5500 or 6500
It seems to me that the Kioti has more standard features than the Mahindra but I would like to know if the Kioti front wheel drive is just shifted in and out hydraulically or is hydraulic motor driven?? Price comparison would also help.
Thanks
HLS <font color="black"> </font>

/ Comparing Kioti DK55 to Mahindra 5500 #2  
G'day HLS,

We had compared a Kioti DK50 (which in Australia is very similar to your DK55, and is a Turbo charged 2.0 engine) to the Mahindra 5500 and found the Kioti a simpler unit and more 'user friendly' to operate.

To operate the 4wd it seems to have just a small simple manual hydraulic lever which we leave on most of the time. We use it in 2WD on the farms trackways and then use 4WD at all times for safety.

The new DK50 ( which is my dad's) seems to have better features, and we were rather concerned at the lack of good finish and quality of the Mahindra compared to the Kioti. We also compared to a Kubota, but went with the DK50 as the dealer through in a few nice extras to clinch the deal from my dad.

Yesterday he moved some huge and awkward logs and medium rocks with the FEL bucket and it handled it with ease!!

I cant give you price options for the USA, but the Mahindra was much more inexpensive. But are they good value?

Hope this helps.. Cheers from Riccarda /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Comparing Kioti DK55 to Mahindra 5500
Thanks for the information Tractor_Chick. Still hoping for someone in the good ole USA to give some price comparison.

Gonna check with local dealers.

HLS

/ Comparing Kioti DK55 to Mahindra 5500 #4  
The Front wheel drive on the Kioti is controled by a pushbotton which operates a solenoid which controls the hydraulic clutch that engages/disngages the drive shaft. I am assuming you are comparing 4wd to 4wd. I am a Kitoit dealer, so I will point out some advantages of the DK55, I'm sure a Mahindra dealer will have some ideas of their own. The Kioti is a more compact, lighter tractor with about the same PTO power, the 12x12 shuttle vs 8x8 on the 5500. The 3 point on the DK has the extending ends and handy remote lever to raise and lower. You will enjoy this every time you change an implement. The controls on the DK55 are well laid out, very nice spacious operators platform that is shared with the cab version. Tilt steering, reclinins seat back, etc. I would recommend you drive both and see which one suits you best.

/ Comparing Kioti DK55 to Mahindra 5500 #5  
A Kioti advantage is that there are I believe 3 gears in the lower range below 1mph. I have found that in my NH 12/12 trans, that my low range, 3rd gear is about the same as my low range 1st gear in my IH3444, which is a Mahindra 8/8 box. You'll most likely be happier with the Kioti 12/12 box, wider range, and I wish I had those 2 or 3 gears below 1 mph in my NH 12/12 box. The lowest my TC48 will go is 1.1mph. Wish I had a .34, and .75 mph gears.

/ Comparing Kioti DK55 to Mahindra 5500 #6  
The 5500 is almost identical to my 6000. They aren't perfect but no tractor is. I agree the dk will have the advantage in the tranny dept. Mahindra will outweigh the dk by quite a bit which depending on how you look at it is either more traction or more soil compaction. The 5500 is more of a no frills ag type tractor. If I was going through this whole purchase thing again I'd be more worried about finding the right dealer. Both the dk and the 5500 are good tractors. The 5500 is one of the few Mahindras that uses a true Mahindra engine. Lots of the other Mahindra/TYMs use the daedong/kioti engine. Very good engine from everything I've read. The Mahindra is really quite a bit bigger than the dk in body size but not in engine size. You can tell it if you drive it on the highway much. 4wd is engaged by a lever on the 5500 vs push button (?????) on the dk. PTO is also lever actuated. Really one should go sit on both and see which one suits your needs best. I think red is prettier than orange, but they are neither one very pretty if they don't suit your needs.
Not knocking Kioti in any way! We have been talking about a bigger cab tractor and have been looking at the dk65 vs the TYM/Mahindra 7010. So even Mahindra guys look at Kiotis!

/ Comparing Kioti DK55 to Mahindra 5500
Thanks for your feedback. We will be making some visits and try them on for size.

HLS /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif