Reviews

/ Reviews #1  

h2opdler

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35
I know I have seen a lot of people buying new tractors since I have been lurking on TBN in the past few months. Most of the reviews that I see for Kioti's are for used tractors or the post is old.
How about it new owners ! what do you think of your new Kioti ?
Also, I would like to hear from some first time tractor owners telling us how they are doing, learning how and what their tractor can do.

/ Reviews #2  
I bought a CK25 gear back in early March. I love this machine. But, I would probably love any tractor I owned. There are many good brands available. What I like:

Size - not too big, not too small
weight - one heavy date! big axles.
stable - short and wide
Features - shuttle shift, fender FEL stick, telescopic 3ph, pwr beyond levers, Live PTO, curved arm loader and sloped hood, locking diff, split brakes, tilt steering and reclining pneumatic seat, mid-pto option, hydraulic pump capacity, ease of loader/bh on/off, rear hydro remotes (an option)

What I don't like:
operator platform could be a bit easier to enter/exit - shifter gets in the way (not a problem for hst folks).
Gas fill location - on hood, in engine compartment
hydraulic dust caps are cheap (already dry rotting)

I really have little to complain about. Huh? Notwithstanding the dust caps, there is nothing that appears to be anything less than the highest of quality, both in design and in materials. I think it's the best ground engaging tractor in its hp and price range. That is why I bought it. I might have gotten something different if primarily looking for a mower or heavier duty loader.

/ Reviews #3  
I have had nothing but good to say about my CK20 HST. Do a search for posts made by me and 90% are about how great the tractor has been and 50% of those posts have pictures.
I am at 80 hours right now and can't complain. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Reviews #4  
I've had mine about 4 months and only have 32 hrs on the clock. Now that it's turning nice out, I'll put some more on her /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Haven't had any problems, just some "misunderstandings" between me and the tractor.
1) 1st time I installed the BH, the top disconnect wouldn't go on. I know that thing fits,'cause the BH was on when I got it. Thought about it for a while, maybe pressure in line? Took a screwdriver and pushed center part of disconnect in, yep, it was still under pressure /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Note to self: move levers around on BH next time before attempting re-connect /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
2) PTO cover. When I was researching, Kioti site showed PTO shield pivots up. First time hooking up bush hog, I gave it a little yank and nothing happened, oh well, must be a new feature I didn't get. BTW, it makes it a bear to get the PTO coupler on. Hooked up the RFM Sunday, decided to give it another try, guess what? It pivots up /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sure makes life a lot easier.
3) Toothbar hurts when you whack it with your shins /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
4) Fuel Refill- I don't particularly care for it on the hood (heard they moved it to rear on newer models), but those wonderful California diesel cans seem to work OK.
5) Lastly- the radiator screens- If I hadn't read on TBN about reversing them, I would still be standing outside with the hood up scratching my you-know-what.
Summation: I love (well maybe not quite love) this thing and am happy with my decision.

/ Reviews #5  
Hello H20, what size machine are you interested in? As far as how do i like my Kioti Ck30hst, Its an excellent machine.. Its a very stout and comfortable machine that has handled everything ive thrown at it with ease.. Mine has just over 100 hours in its first year and ive just started my second year of projects.. There are lots of new Kiotis here, perhaps everyone is out using them as to why they havent been posting lately... Good luck in your search...

/ Reviews #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know I have seen a lot of people buying new tractors since I have been lurking on TBN in the past few months. Most of the reviews that I see for Kioti's are for used tractors or the post is old. )</font>
By far most of the posts on here are probably about new tractors, less than 50 hours of use on them.

Mine is just over two years with about 400 hours so far, and it's been a real goodie. The model I have, CK20HST has had several improvements since I bought mine. A better seat, and a new beverage holder on the left fender are just two.

If I were you, I'd search the Kioti forum for posts made in the last 3 months or so.

Reviews don't mean so much to me until someone has used a tractor for at least 100 hours, after having done the break-in 50 hours service and a chance to really use the machine.

High hour reviews can give you a good idea of how well earlier models are holding up as well.

I hope your search will be as intersting and fun as my year of searching was.
John

/ Reviews #7  
I've had my CK30HST just over a year and just 160 hrs, but about 140 of those has been since October.The only attachment I haven't used yet is my tiller, just haven't had time for a garden yet. There have been a challenge or 2 along the way, but it's been my doing, not the tractors. My latest 12 hours have been mostly with the backhoe, digging a hole 20'X20' ranging from 5-8' deep. I have to admit, this can be a very humbling experience, but I'm no longer embarassed. This Kioti is a real work horse, has done more than I expected. If you check my earlier posts, you'll see I purchased Kioti knowing I wouldn't have a local dealer available - the closest and only one in the state is a boatride away.
This is a terrific machine. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David

Attachments

• 864899-CIMG0564sm.jpg
    864899-CIMG0564sm.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 147
   / Reviews #8  
Just got back from TN via FL/VT(picked up a chainsaw mill) and got to do some work with the CK30. I was actually camped out on the creek the night the big storm cam thru TN last week. The creek crested the next day and took out my on sale $59 12x15 Wallmart tent /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, but i saved the truck and 4-wheeler. Anyway, i have a smaller feeder creek that the previous owner had pushed up a levee along it's length. When the flood came, it breeched the levee and began dumping thousands of gallons of water into the pasture where i had been working enclosing a 32x15' shed. I can say that in rice paddy conditions, the CK performed perfect. I had it up past the axles in mud and water and never got it stuck, even though this is an old sawmill site where the sawdust is burried 4-5'deep in places....it made things really "soft". I used the Ck to bucket soil into the flowing breech until it stopped. The rest of the day, water flowed 100 yds down this little creek to the big creek 2' above the level of the pasture.....kinda made me nervous but it held until the water went down.
I have 36 hrs on it now since Oct, and the only complaints are:
That the fuel gage is reading full past half a tank. The fix has been covered here- removing the sending unit and bending the float rod so it doesn't rub the side of the tank. I will get the dealer to fix it at the 50 hr svce.
The hose coupler caps rotted of on mine also.
The mud didn't fall off the tractor overnight....guess i'll actually have to wash it some day /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Not enough seat time /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif!

RD

Attachments

• 865208-Vermont 042 (Small).jpg
    865208-Vermont 042 (Small).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 190
   / Reviews #9  
Another...the tent is in the background....fixin to go down stream!

Attachments

• 865214-Vermont 050 (Custom) (Small).jpg
    865214-Vermont 050 (Custom) (Small).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 223
   / Reviews #10  
Where was the baby during all of this storm? I'm glad it didn't get flooded out or washed down the stream!

It's really getting to where no matter where you live a storm is going to get you!

Glad you're okay.
John