What are my backhoe options??

/ What are my backhoe options?? #1  

RedDog

Platinum Member
Tractor
Caterpillar 277
I'm getting to the point of seriously considering a backhoe. At the moment I am open to all types, (3pt and subframe hoes).

After delivering a few of the new X-series from Woods, I like the way they look, but have never seen one in use on any tractor, plus they are a little on the small size for my tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've looked at a few used 3pt hoes, and that is exactly what they were,,, VERY USED!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Dealers,,,, Any of you have DK65 owners with a backhoe?

Thanks, RedDog

/ What are my backhoe options?? #2  
Do not, I repeat, do not get a 3pt hoe for the DK65. Kioti states that it is not covered for their tractors. The 3pt hoes are a nightmare to me. A subrame hoe can get to be a wild ride at times, and a 3pt is a lot worse. Many a tractor has had the rear ripped out of it with a 3pt hoe.

Yes, I know there are a lot of them in use, but they're pretty much phasing out with compact tractors.

Woods makes a 9' hoe for that tractor that is very nice.

I'm not sure if they have the 4pt subframe hookup as they do for some of the smaller ones, but I think they do. I'm too tired to research it right now. Kioti has a subframe mount hoe that I think is 9.5'.

I like the Woods hoes because they have better clearance, the subframe staying on the tractor when the hoe is taken off.

My dealer has sold several of these Woods larger loaders, he can tell you all about them. www.bigtractorsupply.com/Contact.htm

Dave (bigtractor) Williams is the owner.

John

/ What are my backhoe options?? #3  
Kioti, Ameriquip(same as Kioti) and Rhino all make a 10' hoe for the 65. Those 3 all have the same style subframes. Like the smaller Kiotis.

KO

/ What are my backhoe options??
<font color="blue"> Dealers,,,, Any of you have DK65 owners with a backhoe? </font>

All the dealers on this board and not one has a DK65 owner with a backhoe? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The Kioti dealers must have had to much Easter candy. At least my dealer (Kiohio) responded. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I do not believe he has a DK65 customer with a backhoe.

RedDog

/ What are my backhoe options?? #5  
We have 1 custom with kb2395 backhoe on DK65, work good but not cheap.

/ What are my backhoe options?? #6  
No I don't.....
I'm just waiting on you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KO

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( We have 1 custom with kb2395 backhoe on DK65, work good but not cheap. )</font>

So I take it he does not have any issues with it?

RedDog

/ What are my backhoe options?? #8  
keep me posted.... I would like to get that model for my own DK65s. I don't have any in service at this time.

/ What are my backhoe options?? #9  
stick with the subframe mount. i have a rhino (it's actually rebranded by shulte) on my DK55 (subframe mount). i've used/abused this unit for nearly 2 years (525+ hrs on the tractor; many of these hours.. easily 100+ are backhoe hours).

i'm very pleased with the BH.

good luck.

pf

Kiohio,
What kind of price am I looking at for the 2395? I can hardly wait to see!! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

RedDog