Buying Advice Purchase advise

/ Purchase advise #1  

ahoude

Tractor
nothing yet
I'm looking to buy a CT in the fall or next spring. Primary uses will be mowing app 5 acres, some tilling, some brush removal, snow removal. This purchase will be about the same time I build a new house. I expect to use it for some of the construction. Local dealer has CK 20, CK25, and CK 30 in stock. Which would be best for my needs. Would I be further ahead with the hydro trans or gears. Father in-law has older kioti 45 hp (? model) and I really like brand.

/ Purchase advise #2  
For no particular reason other than 5 acres to mow, I would recommend you get all you can, the CK30. HST or Shuttle shift gear model is up to you. You lose a little PTO HP with the HST, but I like both models and both are easy to use.

I prefer the HST for up-close operation and for any slopes as I feel HST is a little safer in those conditions. Other than that, the synchro shuttle and synchronized gears are fine.

If you're going to do a lot of ground engaging tasks like with disks and plows, then go gear.
John

/ Purchase advise #3  
I would say the 30 would be the best for money well spent... although you could get the job done with 20 or 25. I like the HST for mowing applications.

/ Purchase advise
Thats what I was thinking. Probably wont use 30hp all the time but could be helpful when doing some heavy work. The local dealer price difference is only $1000-$1200 more for the 30. What do you guys think about a flail mower vs rear finish mower?

/ Purchase advise #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What do you guys think about a flail mower vs rear finish mower? )</font>
I haven't used a flail, but from my research, I would say unless you have a golf-course-like lawn, use a rear mower. It would appear that a flail mower may be a good bit more maintenance over the rear mower, and the finish mowers do a very good job.

Like I said, this is just my researching, not experience.
John