AG tires vrs Industrial tires CK25

/ AG tires vrs Industrial tires CK25 #1  

project

Bronze Member
Dealer CK25 comes with industrial tire. I asked for AG tires for a $500 savings. He is hesitant and wants a surcharge to switch. Are industrial tires worth the $500?

/ AG tires vrs Industrial tires CK25 #2  
The R-4s may be worth the extra but I think it depends on what you are going to do with the tractor. I have R-4s on my CK30hst and they have worked good for me. They were good this past winter for snow plowing and don't tear up my grass around the house unless the ground is soft like in the Spring and after heavy rains. They have a wider footprint and don't make rutts as easy. On the other hand, they will plug up if you're in very soft ground, mud or really deep snow. R-1s definately dig in better as I have them on an older tractor but they can make pretty good marks in soft ground.

For the members to give you the best possible answer, you need to advise what your plans or jobs are for the tractor.

/ AG tires vrs Industrial tires CK25 #3  
I went with the Industrial on my CK25J, I thought about going with the Ag tires, same type deal, $500 difference. However I have run a few 30-40 hp tractors with Ag Tires, If you are out on damp or soft soil, those Ag Tires can tear up your lawn/pasture real quick if you aren't careful. It really depends on what you are going to use your tractor for. If it is for farming crops then Ag may be a better choice. If you plan to use a plow/disc the Ag tires will give you ultimate grip for that type of ground engaging work.

I use mine for brush mowning pastures, moving dirt, digging post holes. I have no crops to maintain, however I do dable with some small food plots for hunting. Some good things about the Ind Tires are that you can fill them with more fluid then the Ag, ergo more weight aka more traction. Also with the wider tires you have possible more stability because of the larger footprint. However Ag tires have benefits, you can switch the mounting positions around to give you a narrow stance or a wide stance. Ind Tires on the CK25, you can not do that. I was kind of hesitant at first with the Ind Tires, but they do work well with what I use my Kioti for. Side Note, if you ever were to think about resale in the future, I believe the Ind Tires cater towards are larger group of people then Ag Tires.

I'm sure some other Kioti members, will agree and disagree with me, your best bet is to test drive both if feasible to see how they feel to you.

Good Luck

/ AG tires vrs Industrial tires CK25 #4  
The R1's are 6 ply, the R4's are 8 ply: that might make a difference to you also.

/ AG tires vrs Industrial tires CK25 #5  
I got the Ag's on my CK30, and haven't regretted it. The foot print is a non isue on my place, and the Ag's have performed well in the Tenn clay. I did quite a bit of work after the big storm a couple of weeks ago in water/mud up over the axles and never came close to getting stuck. I also have some steep logging roads that get slick and to be honest i stay the heck off of them when it is wet....too much pucker factor /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

RD

/ AG tires vrs Industrial tires CK25
Checked with another dealer. he sells either ind. or ag. for the same price for a $500 savings. The problem is, he's further away (one hour) and charges $250 for a delivery. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ AG tires vrs Industrial tires CK25 #7  
I insisted on Ag tires on my DK45s and I am glad I did. I have spun them more that once in the field plowing and moving snow. I think the most important question for you is how are you going to be using the tractor. Do you have to worry about tearing up landscaping and grass? Will there be a lot of work on pavement? If the answer to both is no I would seriously consider Ag tires.

Dan