Joining the Pack!

/ Joining the Pack! #1  

rvaitor

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK55C
Looks like I'm joining the pack. I've made a deal on a DK55C. I currently have a Mahindra 6000 4WD FEL which I am very happy with, but will be selling.

The opportunity and the fact that the closest dealer to our property is a Massey / Kioti dealer were factors. I am still doing some field reclaimation and clearing so am concerned about the Cab getting banged up, but am looking forward to the creature comforts associated with it.

I am interested in hearing from anyone with a Kioti Cab unit and their experiences. Will be pulling a 7ft International Machines mower, 7ft box Blade. Have R4 tires. Would like a root grapple, or tooth bar set-up, top-n-tilt unit for the box blade, but need to sell the other tractor first.

/ Joining the Pack! #2  
Welcome to the pack. I have the much smaller CK30hst and it's done what I have asked of it. No cab, so I can't help you there. I'm sure some of the members have your setup and can comment. Enjoy the new toy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Joining the Pack! #3  
Congratulations on your new purchase. I'm not a 55 owner, but a daedong is a daedong, and I think you'll be happy with Kioti.
John

/ Joining the Pack! #4  
<font color="orange">Welcome to the Pack !</font>

I have a CK20 with the Sims cab that is no factory cab, but it is still a cab and makes a world of difference on a tractor.

Good luck with the sale.

/ Joining the Pack! #5  
Congratulations on your 55.
I have the 45 with cab, I think basically the same tractor except the turbocharged engine on the 55. No opinions yet as I only have 22 hrs on mine but the fact that you are inside out of the dust when plowing or doing any field work is a plus, I've only had the AC on low so far and it cools very well.
What I have found is the FEL is a pain in the butt to take off, will write more about that later after I attempt to get it back on. Good Luck with your new tractor.

/ Joining the Pack! #6  
Ihave a new dk55c and I love it so far. I bought the quick attach forks and they are the best thing I got extra. I noticed a bit of noise in the hydraulics but it may be normal for these I have been told. I love the air conditioning here in Texas. I pulled an 8 foot offset disk in my pasture I reclaimed and it did very well. I have the Kioti 1595s loader and I have no complaints with it. Love the self leveling feature. I did deflate the r-4 tires a lot in order to keep my teeth in my head. When I got it they were at 30 psi. !2 is a lot softer ride.( the rears only). I hope it is as great a tractor as I think it will be. At 54 I don't want to buy another if I can help it.
rick roberts

/ Joining the Pack! #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I did deflate the r-4 tires a lot in order to keep my teeth in my head. When I got it they were at 30 psi. !2 is a lot softer ride.( the rears only) )</font>
Most industrial tires are bias ply tires, and do not handle low air pressures well compared to radial tires. The sidewalls can't stand the bulging that radials enjoy.

Running lower pressures in bias ply tires, especially without carefully determining weight loads to inflation can easily ruin the sidewalls of bias ply tires.

If you see ANY bulging of the bias ply tires while under a heavy load, you're probably limiting the life of the tire a great deal. Complete sidewall failure is not uncommon in underinflated bias ply tires.

If you regularly use heavy attachments, such as a backhoe, with 12 psi, you may be ruining your tires. There is a good bit involved in derterming weight per cubic inch, weighing axles acurately etc. are needed.

It's pretty much never necessary to run at max inflation as stated on the sidewall, but I also wouldn't run it at less that 20% of that maximum, avoiding any bulging of the sidewalls of bias ply tires.

You can get a pretty good ride at 24psi if the max is 30, and not do damage to the tire. Even 20 would be WAY better than 12psi.

Do a google search on radials vs bias tires to find out more about determining proper inflation.
John

/ Joining the Pack!
Thanks to all that have responded.

I am getting a Rhino loader - does have the quick attach with pallet fork attachment.

Also, not sure I understand how the two sets of remotes work or what the benefit is. One set has 'float' and the other detent only??? I'm getting a 7ft box blade. And the rear electric plug - what is that for?

Also, what is the history of Daedong? Do they make tractors/engines for others as well?

/ Joining the Pack! #9  
Thanks for the information- I will pump them up a bit. I have a smaller ( ie.narrower) sized rear r-4 on my 410 JD backhoe which weighs 14K+, and I do watch the sidewalls. This new Kioti is less than half the weight of the hoe and even at 12psi there wasn't any bulge in the sides. I just felt like I was riding a golf ball at 30 psi with all the bounce, and no implements except the loader in front.

Now if I could get the air down in that dozer track??

rick roberts

/ Joining the Pack! #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just felt like I was riding a golf ball at 30 psi with all the bounce, and no implements except the loader in front. )</font>
I understand that totally. The problem comes while you're bouncing with low inflation and flexing those tires. You probably wouldn't notice it from the operator's seat.
20psi will give you a much better ride, and give you a little more traction.
John