DK55:

/ DK55: #1  

tf116

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK55
Have been looking and trying out different brands of tractors...but
I'm still not real sure if Kioti DK55 is the tractor I want....
I would like to hear from some of the owners of Kioti's about the advantages of Kioti's over other brands of tractors, namely the big 3-4 brands....I like the feel of the Kioti from the drivers seat,but is that enough?...Is over an hours drive to every dealer in different directions,so can't drive one and then hop over to another brand and try it out....like the JD, MF,Mont,Kubo,NH,but like features of Kioti better....can anyone help me out here? Thanks Mike

/ DK55:
Have been looking and trying out different brands of tractors...but
I'm still not real sure if Kioti DK55 is the tractor I want....
I would like to hear from some of the owners of Kioti's about the advantages of Kioti's over other brands of tractors, namely the big 3-4 brands....I like the feel of the Kioti from the drivers seat,but is that enough?...Is over an hours drive to every dealer in different directions,so can't drive one and then hop over to another brand and try it out....like the JD, MF,Mont,Kubo,NH,but like features of Kioti better....can anyone help me out here? Thanks Mike

/ DK55:
Should have indicated what I am looking for in Tractor.
Buying 57 acre Farm:
Will be plowing, discing with an 8' hydraulic disc.
Brushhoging with a 5or 6 footer
moving dirt with Fel and also using a backhoe
Mowing hay with a Haybine
baling with a square baler
raking
need to level a spot for bldg.also clean and inlarge a pond (1/4-1/2 acre)
planting corn and pulling a one-row corn picker
and General other Farm Chores...
Mike

/ DK55:
Should have indicated what I am looking for in Tractor.
Buying 57 acre Farm:
Will be plowing, discing with an 8' hydraulic disc.
Brushhoging with a 5or 6 footer
moving dirt with Fel and also using a backhoe
Mowing hay with a Haybine
baling with a square baler
raking
need to level a spot for bldg.also clean and inlarge a pond (1/4-1/2 acre)
planting corn and pulling a one-row corn picker
and General other Farm Chores...
Mike

/ DK55: #5  
All those brands you mentioned are great tractors. Sounds like the 55 would be the minimum that you need. I chose the Kioti over some of those brands you mentioned. I did not look at or have any interest in the John Deere. Long story there. The advantages of the Kioti were very easy for me. In my area the Kubota and NH were way overpriced. I don't have a Montana dealer close by so I can not comment on them. I do have a Farmtrac dealer near by and I looked at them as well. Personal reasons kept me from buying. If you really want to know my personal reasons then PM me and I will give you my personal experience with each tractor I tried out. I'm afraid if I posted them here it might turn into another brand war as usual. Alot of thin skinned tractor owners on this site. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ DK55: #6  
All those brands you mentioned are great tractors. Sounds like the 55 would be the minimum that you need. I chose the Kioti over some of those brands you mentioned. I did not look at or have any interest in the John Deere. Long story there. The advantages of the Kioti were very easy for me. In my area the Kubota and NH were way overpriced. I don't have a Montana dealer close by so I can not comment on them. I do have a Farmtrac dealer near by and I looked at them as well. Personal reasons kept me from buying. If you really want to know my personal reasons then PM me and I will give you my personal experience with each tractor I tried out. I'm afraid if I posted them here it might turn into another brand war as usual. Alot of thin skinned tractor owners on this site. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ DK55: #7  
An advantage over the others? Warranty in some cases is better, included items in some cases such as the loader valve and joystick.
The tractors you mention are all top rate, and only you can decide if one is better than the other. If you can't go try them out, nothing any of us say here can really answer for you as it's a very subjective thing.

If you can get a better price on the DK55, with all that it has to offer, then I say it's the best deal for YOU. It will do what you want to do, and will easilly pull an even larger hog than you mentioned.

John

/ DK55: #8  
An advantage over the others? Warranty in some cases is better, included items in some cases such as the loader valve and joystick.
The tractors you mention are all top rate, and only you can decide if one is better than the other. If you can't go try them out, nothing any of us say here can really answer for you as it's a very subjective thing.

If you can get a better price on the DK55, with all that it has to offer, then I say it's the best deal for YOU. It will do what you want to do, and will easilly pull an even larger hog than you mentioned.

John

/ DK55: #9  
"Brushhoging with a 5or 6 footer"

That caught my eye too, this hog won't cover your tracks and you'll spend days and days hogging. With that much tractor you can be looking in the 10 foot or larger range and even get into batwings.

/ DK55: #10  
"Brushhoging with a 5or 6 footer"

That caught my eye too, this hog won't cover your tracks and you'll spend days and days hogging. With that much tractor you can be looking in the 10 foot or larger range and even get into batwings.