Ordered 1914

/ Ordered 1914 #1  

djt

Tractor
LB1914
Waiting on delivery of LB1914. I have been shopping around for a while, but could not pass on the current special price. Looking at getting a rear blade to help in snow removal and other small projects. Is the 6' blade too large for this tractor or should I get the 5' Blade? Thanks for all the information.

/ Ordered 1914 #2  
Congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you'll like it a lot. What dealer did you use?

Regarding your question: first I must admit that I don't have a blade for my CK20 but I do have a landscape rake. I have a 5 footer only because I got a great deal on a used one through the Want Advertiser. I was actually looking for a six foot model. I can stall my tractor with the 5ft rake but only by being very aggressive at pulling through bramble roots and turf so there was a lot of dirt piled up and the tines were tied up in roots. I think your tractor would pull the six foot blade through all but the wettest snow assuming you have adequate traction (get your dealer to load your tires before you have it delivered). You can always angle the blade more to limit the power needed if you do have problems in wet snow.

/ Ordered 1914
I got the tractor at Orchard Hill in Belchertown. I live about 10 miles from the dealer. Was going to go with Wallace or Harvard if I chose the CK20, but the latest price on the 1914 was to good to pass on

/ Ordered 1914 #5  
Hey sschiber,

Is that a Honda (5013 ?) shown in your picture? Nice little tractor - a lot of features on a small machine. Too bad Honda stopped making garden tractors. Some years ago I seriously considered the big sister to that one, 18 hp I believe. I opted for a Deere instead, mainly to have a shaft driven mower deck. I did have to give up the 3ph and rear pto that were standard on the Hondas due to the high cost of these "options" on the deere.

A friend of mine has that 13 hp machine. The only nix on it is exactly what kept me away - he is constantly having to fuss with the mower deck belt.
He also tells me the roll bar is a PITA for mowing around ornamental trees. But he still uses her, going on 13 years, I believe.

/ Ordered 1914 #6  
Coasterez - Sure is, I've had it since '93 and I've had no trouble with the mower belt at all. (I've broken and repaired/replaced the front deck links numerous times though probably in part attributed to my mowing in 7th gear). 13 years and still in very good shape. I use it to mow, blow and plow snow in the winter. I've got a landscape rake, brush cutter and a 5' capacity chipper for the 3 point hitch. 4wd and 4 wheel steering, I'll argue this is the best garden tractor in it's class and yes, 13 hp single cylinder! I'm in the market now for something with a loader and some heft to help with forest management on my 22 acres, but I'll definitely keep the Honda 5013.

/ Ordered 1914 #7  
djt said:
I got the tractor at Orchard Hill in Belchertown. I live about 10 miles from the dealer. Was going to go with Wallace or Harvard if I chose the CK20, but the latest price on the 1914 was to good to pass on

The guy's at Orchard Hill helped me out with a leak on the hydraulic site gauge on my mahindra. I was driving by and stopped in to buy a new one, they suggested a fix for the leak on the old one. Any dealer who takes the time to explain a repair to a complete stranger and that fix doesn't involve a sale, they truly have the right idea of customer service. Good people and I think you'll be happy you've chosen them.

/ Ordered 1914 #8  
They did extend it.

BTI

/ Ordered 1914 #9  
sschriber said:
Coasterez - Sure is, I've had it since '93 and I've had no trouble with the mower belt at all. (I've broken and repaired/replaced the front deck links numerous times though probably in part attributed to my mowing in 7th gear). 13 years and still in very good shape. I use it to mow, blow and plow snow in the winter. I've got a landscape rake, brush cutter and a 5' capacity chipper for the 3 point hitch. 4wd and 4 wheel steering, I'll argue this is the best garden tractor in it's class and yes, 13 hp single cylinder! I'm in the market now for something with a loader and some heft to help with forest management on my 22 acres, but I'll definitely keep the Honda 5013.

sschriber, I hate to tell you, but if that is your 5013 and you plan on keeping it, someone else is selling it on eBay. Came across this listing this evening:

eBay: Honda 5013 compact tractor 4wheel drive 4wheel steer (item 330035820053 end time Oct-10-06 17:19:01 PDT)

/ Ordered 1914 #10  
sschriber said:

sschriber...Looks like you've changed your mind about the Honda...