Buying new DK45S (mid mount PTO in future?)

/ Buying new DK45S (mid mount PTO in future?) #1  

Barj

Hey everyone i'm new here and have a few questions,

We have a farm with a 1.3km laneway (in canada) right now the 45s comes with only with a rear mount PTO. This seems like a long way to have to back up in the winter with a snow blower on the back. I can get a front mount kit for the 45s that takes the power from the rear PTO, but this takes the quick release systems away from the FEL and the blower. The manual change would take 30 min to an hour, and it's $4000!

I know that the 30k does have this feature but i think its underpowered for us and it does not come with a factory cab. Is anyone aware if kioti is coming out with a mid PTO for the 45s.

Thanks for any help,

Barry

/ Buying new DK45S (mid mount PTO in future?) #2  
You will find several companys that make a snow blower that will use the rear pto with the drop box set up.

But you will not find any (that I am aware of) to use the mid pto on a Kioti.
As far as Kioti building one for their mid pto equipted tractors well lets just say I would hold you breath.

We have tried to get Kioti to have one made for their tractors but the could not get enough dealers to commit.

/ Buying new DK45S (mid mount PTO in future?)
Thanks for the info.

Barry

/ Buying new DK45S (mid mount PTO in future?) #4  
Why not get a pull type blower? Where are you at in The Great White North?

/ Buying new DK45S (mid mount PTO in future?)
We're near Collingwood so we get a fair amount of snow. The drifts can be several feet high in some areas and it seems to me you'd get stuck (or at least too deep to go further) pulling one of those. What do you think?

/ Buying new DK45S (mid mount PTO in future?) #6  
Barj said:
We're near Collingwood so we get a fair amount of snow. The drifts can be several feet high in some areas and it seems to me you'd get stuck (or at least too deep to go further) pulling one of those. What do you think?

Hmmmm............good point,seeing as you live in the Blizzard Belt........Beard's not have any ideas? What about using a loder on the higher drifts? If they are that high,won't they be over the blower?

/ Buying new DK45S (mid mount PTO in future?) #7  
Great area, I try to go up there every winter to go skiing. Blue Mountain has really expanded since the first time I was there 10 or so years ago.