KL 1450 Loader

/ KL 1450 Loader #1  

grapevine

Looks like I am in the process of buying a 2005 DK35 with a 1450 loader. Any problems with this loader? I think I saw something about weak bucket rollback? What does that mean?

/ KL 1450 Loader #2  
I'm pretty happy with most everything about my KL 1450 loader.
Likes-
The mid mount mounting system.
The controls work well.
The lift capacity is decent. ( not great, but not bad either).
The loader can be removed/installed in about 5 minutes.
Availible with skid steer type quick change bucket (an option I recommend).

Dislikes-
I've never been impressed by the loaders roll back power. I've made a couple modifications to increase the bucket roll back power.
My bucket roll back is stronger than it was, but still not overly impressive.
I'm planning on changing my 1.75" tilt cylinders to 2" cylinders sometime in the future.

/ KL 1450 Loader
Thanks for the quick reply. I have never had a loader, so maybe I won't notice the issue with the type of work I have for it.

/ KL 1450 Loader #4  
grapevine said:
I have never had a loader, so maybe I won't notice the issue with the type of work I have for it.

You may not notice it so much if you've never had a loader.
I use loaders at my job nearly every day on skid steers, wheel loaders or backhoes. And I do notice the roll back power on the 1450..
I had been saving up to get the 2" tilt cylinders to install this winter.
Spent the money on a new pressure washer instead .LOL.
Will begin again saving up for the bigger cylinders..

/ KL 1450 Loader #5  
just paroozin' but you do now that increasing the bore of your cylinders DOES NOT give them more power, but it will make them slower:). Increased pressure gives more power and likewise, increased flow makes them quicker! Right? Tom

/ KL 1450 Loader #6  
fiddleback said:
just paroozin' but you do now that increasing the bore of your cylinders DOES NOT give them more power, but it will make them slower:). Increased pressure gives more power and likewise, increased flow makes them quicker! Right? Tom

Nope... yer wrong.... Increasing the cylinder size will increase the power some. It gives more surface area for the pressure to work on. You cannot increase the system pressure to get more force, at least not without tearing things up.

Vince, have you seen the new linkages for the 1590/1595 roll back kits? It's amazing how similar the new linkages we designed are to the ones you fabbed for your 1450. Well done my friend.

/ KL 1450 Loader #7  
Increasing the cylinder size will increase the power. It gives more surface area for the pressure to work on.

You are correct.............surface area(pi x radius squared) x pressure. Increase either one and you will get more power.

/ KL 1450 Loader #8  
HODAK said:
Increasing the cylinder size will increase the power. It gives more surface area for the pressure to work on.

You are correct.............surface area(pi x radius squared) x pressure. Increase either one and you will get more power.

:D I did learn FEW things in all those years of school and money spent in college...

/ KL 1450 Loader #9  
rback33 said:
Vince, have you seen the new linkages for the 1590/1595 roll back kits?
No I haven't.

It's amazing how similar the new linkages we designed are to the ones you fabbed for your 1450. Well done my friend.
Thanks Jeremy..

/ KL 1450 Loader #10  
Geez.. I'm sorry guys for me being VERY WRONG on the hydraulics. Boy, do I feel stupid, I shouldn't have replied on that subject until I did more research. I have some older equipment and ( though my memory is clouded because it was so long ago now) I was trying to devise a project with hydraulics and after having a friend look at it, he stated something about increasing the bore was "not going to give enough power for what you want to do". Thats all that stuck in my head. Thats not the same thing as saying increased bore doesn't give more power, I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry.
These newer machines we have today already push about as top pressure as you want going through their systems so as someone else stated, its easier now than ever to wreck something by upping the pressure. But on my older stuff, 1250psi is a fair number, 1600psi is a great number. To tell you the truth I didn't even look at what we're up to now, 3k maybe 3500psi on the yellow machines, even more I hear! There are ways (bigger pumps, opening up the valves a little more etc.) these days to get more out of the older stuff is the road I was trying to go down. But, as it was said, that could wind up being more than we bargained for. Now, where's that paper towel to wipe this egg off my face....:eek: :eek: :eek: