Dealer Dealer and Distributor refuse remedial action

/ Dealer and Distributor refuse remedial action #1  

bullebak

Bronze Member
Tractor
Daedong DK40
DK35 supplied with tires too large, but despite a number of requests to have the correct tires fitted, all calls and messages have been ignored. This in addition to other sloppy dealer issues also being ignored.

I would not have bought a Kioti tractor if I had known this. Now I will be preparing a claim against the dealer.

/ Dealer and Distributor refuse remedial action #2  
First of all your tractor is a Daedong tractor not a Kioti.
Kioti tractors are distrubited in America only.

As for the issues you are having please do not relate them to "Kioti"

This is a problem with your Austrialian dealer and distributer.

If you would like help with other things we American dealers will be more than happy to help you, but bashing a brand is not the way to get help.

/ Dealer and Distributor refuse remedial action
wallace said:
First of all your tractor is a Daedong tractor not a Kioti.
Kioti tractors are distrubited in America only.

As for the issues you are having please do not relate them to "Kioti"

This is a problem with your Austrialian dealer and distributer.

If you would like help with other things we American dealers will be more than happy to help you, but bashing a brand is not the way to get help.

Wallace, this tractor is made by Kioti and has Kioti all over it. It says "Daedong KIOTI", proceeding with "KIOTI TRACTOR" on the face of the Owner's Manual. Inside on virtually every page stating with page 1 it refers to "... ... your KIOTI tractor". That makes it a KIOTI, made by KIOTI, made by the same people as your tractors.

On this occasion I am not trying to get any help. I am not asking for help. Just like others here to say how good the tractor and the support is, I am entitled to say how bad the support is I am receiving.

Kioti in South Korea might accept some responsibility for this. They also ignored my (polite) complaint via their website.

Whether readers live in the US or Australia is not the issue.

/ Dealer and Distributor refuse remedial action #4  
I'd say you got a bum deal of a dealer, seems like Korea would be all over this.

/ Dealer and Distributor refuse remedial action #5  
I have to agree that you have gotten a bad deal.. dont let up until you get your problem fixed, these machines are alot of $ and you should be taken care of... good luck and we in the US still do believe in Freedom of Speech!!!

/ Dealer and Distributor refuse remedial action #6  
bullebak said:
DK35 supplied with tires too large, but despite a number of requests to have the correct tires fitted, all calls and messages have been ignored.

Have you actually talked face to face with your dealer about this? Have you asked to talk to the Daedong regional representative? I presume there is some customer service system for the national franchise in Australia too. You have a very legitimate beef but sending a message via a website does not always get to the right people (Daedong/Kioti's fault not yours).

/ Dealer and Distributor refuse remedial action
IslandTractor said:
Have you actually talked face to face with your dealer about this? Have you asked to talk to the Daedong regional representative? I presume there is some customer service system for the national franchise in Australia too. You have a very legitimate beef but sending a message via a website does not always get to the right people (Daedong/Kioti's fault not yours).

Some progress today...

The sales rep I dealt with earlier has left the dealership. I spoke to the owner of the dealership on earlier occasions recently on other matters. Telephone messages left to staff on this issue (and this issue alone) were not returned. No emails were ever returned from the dealer.

I also contacted the distributor earlier who advised that they contacted the dealer and requested him to contact me on the tires. Heard nothing as a result.

Today I called again and spoke to him directly. Claimed to know nothing about it (poor communication at staff level - maybe). After explaining the issue, he said he will speak to the distributor and get back to me early in the week. I may assume that he wants me to believe it is the distributor's fault - maybe it is.

He told me I used the wrong email address. The email address on their business card is said to be incorrect, yet no emails were returned. People around here are rather casual and trusting but didn't think they don't bother to correct errors on their business cards.

There doesn't appear to be a "regional customer service" or something like it.

/ Dealer and Distributor refuse remedial action #8  
What size tires are on the tractor? And how long have you owned it with that size tires? I can't see how the tire can be to much bigger than factory or the would hit the fenders

/ Dealer and Distributor refuse remedial action #9  
powerstroke2000 said:
What size tires are on the tractor? And how long have you owned it with that size tires? I can't see how the tire can be to much bigger than factory or the would hit the fenders

I believe he posted a picture and the tires were VERY close to the fenders and obviously the wrong size. I'd say the dealer really messed up on that one.