Kioti- Tractor Help $$$

/ Kioti- Tractor Help $$$ #1  

dm1

I have been looking for a compact tractor and found a Kioti LB2204 with a 122 loader and new box blade for $5700.00. The tractor has turf tires and seems to be in good mechanical condition. The paint is not perfect and some of the lights do not work. The tractor is showing 508 hours.

Is this a good price? Does anyone know how much the loader can lift? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

/ Kioti- Tractor Help $$$ #2  
That model was only produced in 1988, 1989 & 1990 and retailed for $8300, $8500 & $9000 respectively without the loader. I'd be real suspect about the hours for a machine that's nearly 20 years old. Most likely the hour meter doesn't work. If the machine looks like it hasn't been abused, the price sounds fair but certainly leans towards the high side.

That said, you should carefully read the tractor buying guide suggestions found on this site and throughly check out the machine. For that price and with the "advertised" hours, the machine should be pretty much pristine in appearance. Be very careful not to get overly excited and skip checking everything out before buying. It's worth it to bring (pay) someone to really check it out (compression test, hydraulic pressure test, etc). I speak from experience:mad: as you can gather from my signature. Good luck and take your time making your decision. At that price I doubt if it will disappear quickly.

P.S. KL122 loader has a break-away capacity of 1580 lbs and a full height lift capacity of 760 lbs. I have this particular loader on my machine and have been very pleased with it.

/ Kioti- Tractor Help $$$ #3  
kentrodngun said:
That model was only produced in 1988, 1989 & 1990 and retailed for $8300, $8500 & $9000 respectively without the loader. I'd be real suspect about the hours for a machine that's nearly 20 years old. Most likely the hour meter doesn't work. If the machine looks like it hasn't been abused, the price sounds fair but certainly leans towards the high side.

That said, you should carefully read the tractor buying guide suggestions found on this site and throughly check out the machine. For that price and with the "advertised" hours, the machine should be pretty much pristine in appearance. Be very careful not to get overly excited and skip checking everything out before buying. It's worth it to bring (pay) someone to really check it out (compression test, hydraulic pressure test, etc). I speak from experience:mad: as you can gather from my signature. Good luck and take your time making your decision. At that price I doubt if it will disappear quickly.

P.S. KL122 loader has a break-away capacity of 1580 lbs and a full height lift capacity of 760 lbs. I have this particular loader on my machine and have been very pleased with it.

In 1990 the tractor would have sold for about $7500 plus $2000 for a loader or $9500 total. Which iswhat I paid, $9595, in August 2006 for my LB1914 plus loader.
That sounds interesting to me, as they are somewhat similiar in size and loader capacity. This price is not available on any similiar HP machine today, as they are all gone.

But a 15 year old tractor w/loader selling for 60% of the original out the door price would normally be considered a very good deal. Also, I would think the number of hours is reasonable for this type of tractor used by the average individual user. But low for a commercial/farm user.

I would agree that you should check it our completely, but I would lien that it may be a very good deal in the low $5,000 range.

/ Kioti- Tractor Help $$$ #4  
If that is a 2 wheel drive version, expect to be able to use it in high traction activities only. Particularly with the turf tires. I have them on my LK2554 and like them a lot. But, I use 4 wheel drive quite a bit and wouldn't like the tractor nearly as much without it.

/ Kioti- Tractor Help $$$ #5  
bncsauve said:
If that is a 2 wheel drive version, expect to be able to use it in high traction activities only. Particularly with the turf tires. I have them on my LK2554 and like them a lot. But, I use 4 wheel drive quite a bit and wouldn't like the tractor nearly as much without it.
It is 4WD. The earlier Kioti models listed the HP followed by the drive. LK2204 would represent a 22.0 HP, 4WD. Likewise, a LK3054 is would be 30.5 HP, 4WD. Smart cookies those Koreans.