dk40 fluid leak

/ dk40 fluid leak #1  

dogday

I am an new dk 40 owner. It is a gear drive dk40 with creeper that I bought new a little over a month ago and have 5.5 hrs on it now. Walked behind it in the garage and noticed two spots where fluid had dripped out of back axle where the transfer case meets the transmission on both sides. Both drips from the same spot on each side and was just enough to notice something had dripped on the cement. Checked the transmission fluid and the dipstick was dry. Ran the tractor for a while and fluid was on the bottom of the dipstick. Is it normal for the small leak when new? I am more concerned about the low tranny level. Should the level be checked while the engine is running? Tried to contact the dealer I bought the tractor from for several days and have not recieved any reply. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/ dk40 fluid leak #2  
No leaks are normal. I'd make sure the dealer repairs the leak. It may be only loose bolts, but that should have been corrected before it was delivered.

/ dk40 fluid leak
thanks, been trying to get in touch with the dealer but no reply. More concerned about the low tranny fluid though. Is it supposed to be checked warm with the engine running?

/ dk40 fluid leak #4  
I check mine when warm, but the engine doesn't have to be running.