Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45

/ Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45 #1  

familyman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
The Woods looks like an awesome bh, but a several questions come to mind.

1) Do the 3-pt. arms have to be removed to attach either bh?

2) The Woods has a stabilzer spread of 100", the Kioti 76.8". The Woods wins, right? I dunno, many's the time I had to cozy the bh up close to the house and was grateful for short stabilizers.

3) The Kioti uses its own subframe, designed for its tractors, and the Woods has a "4-pt." mount, which is dealer assemled onto the tractor. Which is more convenient to use, and which is stronger?

4) The Kioti bh has these power numbers: bucket 3,550; dipper 2,225.
The Woods: 4,180; 2900
At first look this numbers make the Woods like the easy choice - BUT - What do they mean in real life digging? The numbers for both of these machines far outstrip my bh650, and I'm not sure the extra power of the Woods is worth the extra money. If it is, I wanna know.

/ Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45 #2  
Re: Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45

Can't speak for the Kioti, but I only need to remove the lower arm stabilizers on my NH. Removing the lower arms altogether is just a couple more pins and takes the worry away of accidently lifting them into the BH steering cylinders.

The Woods BH90-X can have a hyd thumb added on, :D , and when the muti-position bucket is in power-digging position it'll provide 5,070 lbs. of digging force instead of the 4,180.

IMG_0138.jpg

/ Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45 #3  
Re: Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45

I went through similar considerations choosing between the KB 2365 and a BH70X on a CK20. The Woods subframe requires removal of the 3 point hitch to install the BH, but has better ground clearance than the Kioti. In the end for me the Woods won out for longer reach, higher digging forces, the curved boom and the big factor, a factory thumb. The only real downside for me going with the Woods was the extra cost, close to $1400 more than the Kioti.

/ Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45

I hear ya' about the xtra cost. It sounds like you're glad you spent it. The ground clearance is important, too.
How easy is it to attach and remove?

/ Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45 #5  

Two bolts & two hoses is all that you need to detach to remove the BH from the 4pt subframe in less than 10 minutes. Remounting takes a bit longer unless you have a dolly or lots of practice, but still is pretty straightforward.

Attachments

• IMG_0086-copya.jpg
    IMG_0086-copya.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 513
   / Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45

MadDog, you are one handy guy to have around!
The bolts look like a PITA, are they hard to line up? Why don't they use big pins?
Why don't I go to bed and stop asking questions?

/ Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45 #7  

Actually, it's not hard at all to access those bolts. Remove the quick klips, lowering the stabs takes pressure off the bolts and about one turn with the provided wrench and you're spinning the nuts off with your fingers. They do use big pins, permanent pins, for the other 2 pts of the 4 pts mount.

You can go to the Woods website and download their manuals in pdf and you'll find most subframe mounting instructions are remarkably similar.

Yeah, 3 hr time diff West vs. East can get ya.

You can tell I really LIKE my Woods :D

/ Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45 #8  

Hello Family, The extra capacity, curved boom, thumb make it all worth while.... A pic of my 80x with thumb..

Attachments

• DSCN0518.JPG
    DSCN0518.JPG
    863.7 KB · Views: 1,596
   / Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45 #9  

albmn10,

You're photo makes me smile. I still have the plastic on my seat too :D (even though I should probably remove it since it's got holes it in).

That thumb sure comes in handy, doesn't it?

/ Installation and use: differences between Kioti 2385 and Woods bh90-x on a Kioti DK45 #10  

I have a 2 yr old Woods hoe.

1 - My dealer said to remove the 3 pt arms but I leave them on. I disconnect the side stabalizer arms and move the 3 pt to the center, raise them to just under the woods frame. If you hit the lever it will raise the arms up and damage. There is a lock on the 3 pt lever I was going to move to the raise position to eleiminate this.

2 - I would rather have an 8' spread than 6" but 1' on each is not much.

3 - When I bought mine the Woods was a better frame but I think Kioti has a similar 4 pt now. ?

4 - I'm not a backhoe expert but I would think the Woods numbers would have a real life advantage. If nothing else a mental thing, thinking you had more power. :)