Getting parts - how quickly?

/ Getting parts - how quickly? #1  

cgraham

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti LB1914
Is there a good parts inventory in this country? I may be looking at a new cylinder sleeve, and I'm wondering how long I should expect to wait for it. I have to plan my work around the delay, when known.

What has your experience been with major parts?

Thanks, Charlie

/ Getting parts - how quickly? #2  
Give your dealer a call and have them check if they have the part in stock in North Carolina.

If they don't have it there, it will be a long lead item from Korea.

I've only gotten blades for a deck and some simple hardware that was in stock, nothing exotic. In the case of the stocked stuff, worst case of two days for the parts to show up at my dealer in their standard parts order from North Carolina.

Best of luck.

/ Getting parts - how quickly? #3  
It can take a LONG time if the part is not in current american stock. Very very long. It's like they need to accumulate enough backordered parts to fill a container before shipping to america.

Regular parts, in stock anywhere int he country can be a couple days.

/ Getting parts - how quickly?
Thanks, folks: if I need the hydraulic cylinder sleeve, it looks like it might be a long wait. I'll call the dealer on Monday. I'm exploring a repair (stripped fitting welded on).

Charlie.

/ Getting parts - how quickly? #5  
Any pics? At first I thought you were talking about an engine sleeve, then your last post says Hydraulic cylinder sleeve. You might be better off just getting a replacement cylinder from Tractor supply, if in fact that's what your talking about.

/ Getting parts - how quickly? #6  
What part do you need???

Not sure what a you mean by a Hydraulic Cylinder Sleeve.

BTI

BTDT: sorry for the lack of clarity. The photo in the next post shows the cylindrical sleeve of the bucket curl hydraulic assembly. Thanks for the Tractor supply hint.

BTI: thanks for asking.

I MAY need a bucket cylinder outer sleeve, because one of the hose fittings welded to it is stripped. I hope to be able to replace the fitting, and am still researching what it will take to repair it. In case everything else fails I thought it would be wise to know availability in country, and for this and other parts approximately how long it would take to obtain if not in country.

Charlie

Last edited:
Here is the photo

Attachments

• IMG_0726s.jpg
    IMG_0726s.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 241
   / Getting parts - how quickly? #9  
I would take it off and take it to a reputable cylinder shop.
They should be able to fix you right up.

BTI

/ Getting parts - how quickly? #10  
Like BTI said, take it to a hydraulic shop. They will fix it for very little compared to what the dealer will want for a new cylinder and it will be a lot quicker turn around.