3-Point Hitch 3 Point Failing?

/ 3 Point Failing? #1  

Massey1010

Is the 3PH supposed to lower by itself over time? I had no implements attached but I left the 3PH in the up position and noticed a couple days later that it had lowered part way on its own. I'm taking my CK20 in for service for some other problems but I was wondering if this is normal for the Kioti?

/ 3 Point Failing? #2  
That's normal for any tractor's 3ph, although a couple days may be a little quick with no implements. I'm not sure how long it'd take to lower with no implements attached, but it will eventually lower over an extended period of time.

/ 3 Point Failing? #3  
Not normal from my limited point of view. In the winter, I always shut off the machine with the back blade lifted off the ground. I do this so the blade doesn't freeze to the ground and cause me to rip out a big piece of sod when I lift it. Sometimes it's weeks between use and I've never had the 3PH drift down.

/ 3 Point Failing? #4  
Massey1010 said:
Is the 3PH supposed to lower by itself over time? I had no implements attached but I left the 3PH in the up position and noticed a couple days later that it had lowered part way on its own. I'm taking my CK20 in for service for some other problems but I was wondering if this is normal for the Kioti?

Some drop may be unavoidable as the 3-pt system ages. Drop is caused either by fluid going back to the hyd reservoir thru it's path of travel. there are check valves, pressure relief devices and lift control valve and one of this components may not be holding tight same as your kitchen faucet dripping a bit. The other probability is that the lift piston seal (ring) that is usually nylon made that may be leaking by thru the wall of the lift cylinder and piston ring/seal. All I have read and been told by old timers indicates that 8 times out of 10 the leak is associated with this seal. Although dropping the 3 pt lift is frustrating but is not anything that can hurt the tractor. I would seriously worry about it if when with engine on (live power) seeing drop of 3 pt lift arms. In open center hydraulic you bypass a lot of fluid to the reservoir all the time and a bit out of the piston seal in to reservoir make not much of difference. I have gone thru the same repair. I have included a link to the thread I started when I attempted repair which may give you some insight.

JC

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/nh-owning-operating/90819-my-f-1700-testing-my.html

/ 3 Point Failing?
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking that there is something wrong. Since it only has 10 Hrs on it I'm going to take it into the dealer and have it checked.