Electrical Question

/ Electrical Question
To all: I ordered the regulator Saturday-- It should be here Tue or Wed.
I'm going to give that a shot.

More soon.

FYI-- Battery is working well-- In the short term-- at least I don't have to put jumper cables to get it going-- did 5-6 acres of field mowing with brush hog with no problem (other than the hayseed causing the Kioti to get pretty warm)- Had to stop twice to shop vac/blow out the radiator/screen.

I'll give update on regulator as soon as it arrive.

Thanks to everyone on the input.

BOB

Attachments

• Pasture Field.jpg
    Pasture Field.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 144
   / Electrical Question
FYI-- Regulator came today.

Unplugged harness- and put new unit in-- everything is working!

Thanks to all for the help.

BOB

/ Electrical Question #23  
Bob P said:
FYI-- Regulator came today.

Unplugged harness- and put new unit in-- everything is working!

Thanks to all for the help.

BOB

Great Bob, glad you're back in the saddle..good for you.
I had to replace the bearings in my tractor's alternator this past weekend, it siezed up..lots of smelly smoke! but no serious damage. total cost for 2 bearings and a new belt $34.00. Value of a working tractor and peace of mind, Priceless...

/ Electrical Question #24  
On the subject of the stock LB1914 battery, can it be removed without removing the front end loader?

It is awkward to reach, and it does not look as if there is room to remove it, unless perhaps it is tipped on one end.

C

/ Electrical Question #25  
I will answer my own question. Yes, you CAN get the battery out the tight-hand side without difficulty. I did lift the FEL and set it on its stand.

The battery has to be tilted about 45 degrees to get it out - watch out for leaking battery acid which can escape under certain conditions.

Replace with the best quality available maintenance-free or "sealed" battery: these do not normally need to be checked for fluid level (unless there has been an overcharging problem). It is virtually impossible to see the battery fluid level in the LB 1914 without removing the battery, so a long-lasting maintenance-free battery is a good investment.

My original battery lasted 7 years, but I only have 400 hr on the tractor, and I keep the battery under cover on a trickle charger when not in use for some months.

C