thanks to all

/ thanks to all #1  
Tractor
kioti ck-25
hey everyone: just wanted to say thanks for all of your ideas and info. ive been lurking in the shadows for some time now,first when i was looking to by a tractor and now that i have one,(ck-25 hst) and i love it,dont know why i havent bought one sooner!(oh yeah i do money!!!!) but any way, the first thing i noticed was its hard to rig things without the dreaded bucket hooks,so presto an old step bumper (that my wifes been trying to make me get rid of) and some old chain hooks, a little welding and instant hooks, boy i hate grinding off new paint!! the bumper came into play for the doublers,nice little chunk of 3/8 plate,a little cutting then some wire wheeling and i didnt even have to give the steel mill any money, can you believe the price of steel,and everything related (WOW) making it hard for us backyard tinkers to play, well enough said. hope the pics turn out,never done this before.......

thanks again and more to come

Attachments

• DSC00641bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00641bucket hooks.jpg
    797.5 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC00646bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00646bucket hooks.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC00647bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00647bucket hooks.jpg
    816.6 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC00576bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00576bucket hooks.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 231
   / thanks to all #2  
Welcome to TBN Chris.
Congrats on your new purchase :)
I say you got a nice steady handy when it comes to useing torch and welder...nice job!!!

Nothing like starting the young ones out about tractoring. ;)

/ thanks to all #3  
WOW ! Great welding skills . Please tell us what kind of welder you used ?

/ thanks to all #4  
Welcome to the Pack!

Great job on the hooks, I assume you used a wire-fed mig welder...

So when are you going to let your dad in the background try out the new tractor? :D

/ thanks to all #5  
Now THAT is a set of hooks. Very nice!

/ thanks to all #6  
Welcome Chris, and nice welding!

/ thanks to all
yes it is a wire feed welder miller 251, bernard centerfire gun,also have 30a spoolgun,for aluminum,i like the machine, just getting used to welding with it,a little different than stick welding,..one you dont feed the nozzle into the puddle,(hard habbit to break) i welded this outside, wind does horrible things to shielding gas,cant see what your doing very well,(nozzle gets in the line of site)when i switch to dual shield i will have better luck outside(i have 33lb .035 solid to use up)took me sometime to figure out how to get pics on the site (had to resize and all)so i never had time to show the rest of my scrap bumper install,it also had a reciever hitch,that ive added to the bucket heres some pics, the first ones what i was gunna do,leave the square stock attached (for strength) to the hitch but after i coped the ends and put it on the tractor all i could say was YUCK!!! so out came the gas ax and did some cutting,(i like this version better) should be plenty strong and if i bend the bucket it'll give me something to do......last pics of the wife going to check the mail,couldnt keep her off of it forever now could i............chris

Attachments

• DSC00650bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00650bucket hooks.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC00654bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00654bucket hooks.jpg
    868.9 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC00657bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00657bucket hooks.jpg
    808.2 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC00659bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00659bucket hooks.jpg
    827.8 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC00661bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00661bucket hooks.jpg
    870.7 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC00663bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00663bucket hooks.jpg
    886.1 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC00664bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00664bucket hooks.jpg
    855.7 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC00572bucket hooks.jpg
    DSC00572bucket hooks.jpg
    692.6 KB · Views: 169
   / thanks to all
Harvey7 said:
Chris

Very nice work, excellent job on the welding !
thanks for the kind words everyone! i was actually a little disapointed with the welds on the reciever hitch the wind started blowing and i got in a hurry and you all know you cant rush when trying to make a nice weld.

when i bought this welder i had a hard time deciding between stick or mig. but mig one out becuase of aluminum welding and thin steel(ie)autobody thanks again now im off to find some toothbar ideas.......chris