CK20 old style seat replacement issues

/ CK20 old style seat replacement issues #1  

IslandTractor

Super Star Member
Tractor
2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH
I've wanted to replace my old style (non suspension) CK20 seat for a while. The direct Kioti replacement (new style) is an outrageous $600+ shipping expense and I'm too cheap to do that. Agri-Supply sells a very nice Turkish made suspension seat for about $80 so I thought I'd give it a try. Got the seat and it is indeed very nice and comfortable. Unfortunately it doesn't really fit on the CK20.

Two issues. 1) Minor bolt pattern issue. The CK20 bolts are 5 1/8 across and 7 1/2 inches front to back. That is apparently a standard from the lawn mower industry rather than a common tractor seat bolt pattern. The mounting plate for the AgriSupply seat is only about 4 1/2 inches wide so you'd need to drill new bolt holes on the Kioti seat base. No big deal but something to think about. 2) The bigger problem is that the seat is just a bit too big front to back and therefore pushes you forward into an uncomfortable position even when pushed all the way back against the fuel tank.

Anyone found any reasonably priced ($150 or less) suspension seat that is not too difficult to adapt to the CK20? Alternatively, is there any new CK20 owner who wants to trade their cushy but not very manly suspension seat for a traditional break your butt macho man original style seat?:D

/ CK20 old style seat replacement issues #2  
Have you taken a look at the seats from northern tool? Pressure Washers, Portable Generators, Mowers, Lawn + Garden | Northern Tool + Equipment I don't know if you can find what you want for under $150 though. I picked up a seat from them a few years ago for my garden tractor, overgrown lawn tractor, and it is was built nice and is comfortable for mowing. No suspension with this seat. The springs are in the tractor seat mount. I hope you can find what you want.

/ CK20 old style seat replacement issues #3  
$600 !!!! I can go down to the Peterbilt dealer a get a real nice high back air ride seat for my truck for that kind of money! LOL

/ CK20 old style seat replacement issues
DirtHauler said:
$600 !!!! I can go down to the Peterbilt dealer a get a real nice high back air ride seat for my truck for that kind of money! LOL

I know. The price is absurd. You'd think the thing has a Recaro sticker on it or be made with Connolly leather or something. AgriSupply sells a seat pretty much like the Kioti seat for a bit over $300 so it clearly is not the manufacturing cost. I've sat on the new Kioti seat which is perfectly nice but certainly not fancy.

I've checked the Northern Tool catalog and from what I can tell they have pretty much the same types of seats as AgriSupply. I'll look more closely to see to confirm that.

/ CK20 old style seat replacement issues #5  
There's one other place I have done business with. Valu-Bilt
They have two seats from $90 to $106. These may be similar to what you have but maybe worth a look.
$600 for a factory seat is a bit much considering that other parts are reasonable except for the person who was looking for a new hood that was around $800 if I remember right.
Happy seat hunting, Island.

VictorW said:
There's one other place I have done business with. Valu-Bilt
They have two seats from $90 to $106. These may be similar to what you have but maybe worth a look.

Thanks. They have a seat part number 1-826023 for about $90 that looks like what I am trying to find. Unfortunately they don't have the bolt pattern on their website so I'll give them a call tomorrow.

I also looked more carefully at the Northern Tool options. I was mistaken thinking they had only the same choices as AgriSupply although there is a fair amount of overlap. Northern does have exactly the same nice Turkish manufactured suspension seat as AgriSupply but they don't seem to have any other non premium priced suspension seats with the relatively wide base plate or with dimensions that will not interfer with the fuel tank on the CK20.

/ CK20 old style seat replacement issues #8  
Island,

I tried a seat from tractor supply and had the same problem. You will need to find a seat that all of the mechanism for suspension is under the seat since the fuel tank gets in the way.

Somewhere on here somebody used a small tire and tube (rim removed) under the seat to offer better support that just the springs used on the seat. (It might not have been a Kioti) That is what I am using now. It has made a big difference. My wife who usually uses it to mow, while I am doing manual labor, claimed to not notice a difference until this year. The one time that I mowed I thought that the ride was rather rough. I checked the air pressure in the tire and it felt low, added some air and wow what a difference. The next time my wife mowed I asked her of the ride felt different and she said yes. I told her that I added air to that tire. She was surprised at the difference.

Kurt

Kurt,

I might try that. I do currently have a chunk of stiff foam under the seat which does make some difference but I was hoping to get something adjustable. Air pressure would be a good way to do that. Does the tire you use fit entirely under the seat or does it loop over the two rear springs? Did you use the tire and tube or just tube? Thanks

Hoffie said:
Check out Tractor Supply.

Not nearly the selection of either AgriSupply or Northern Tools