Hydraulic quick connect problem (CK20)

/ Hydraulic quick connect problem (CK20) #1  

Blister

I'm having my first problem with my CK20 trying to reconnect the backhoe. I removed it to bushhog and mow some of the stuff around here. Yesterday morning I went to reattach it and I can't get the quick connects to allow the hoses in.

When the dealer built it and put in on (backhoe), I saw them take the hoses and press them down on the floor to release a little pressure from the charged unit. I tried this but apparently my 175lb body just doesn't provide enough weight to push the tip in. I ended up loosening the fittings to bleed off a little pressure from the unit but the lines still, after a day and a half, will not connect.

I called the dealer this morning and he said, "Oh, those are quick connects". DUH! He told me I should wiggle the hydraulics lever on the tractor while it is off and this will bleed off pressure from the pump side. Well, this didn't work and I gotta say, I'm not happy with his suggestion. I'm sure this is something I'm doing wrong but have no idea what it is.

Any suggestions? I have no experience with hydraulic systems.

According to the dealer, I'm trying to put the hoses in the correct connects, white on top, red on bottom. It came off so easy. 10 minutes max. I just tried to reverse the process I used to take it off. The tractor is in place, shut off and the hydraulics lever is in neutral. Is there some pressure bleed for the hydraulics system I don't know about? What's the trick?

/ Hydraulic quick connect problem (CK20) #2  
Also wiggle the hydraulic levers on the backhoe.

/ Hydraulic quick connect problem (CK20) #3  
If you have rear remotes... Move the control lever to the detents in both directions. Without rear remotes... move the loader control, I used to move it in a circle. Also, without rear remotes before trying to connect the lines turn the control valve to relieve any pressure there.

Kurt

/ Hydraulic quick connect problem (CK20) #4  
Common problem.
Wrap a rag around the male disconnect (stops spray) and tap center with a hammer.
They will go on then.
This is probably not the "official Kioti" approach, but a very reputable dealer told me to do it and I haven't had a problem since.
Tom

/ Hydraulic quick connect problem (CK20)
Ok, problem fixed for now. I had to loosen the fittings of both hoses just enough to allow some fluid to leak, then put them on and retighten them after.

Man I was so angry when that guy told me to jiggle levers that I considered driving there and... well, never mind. It's 50 miles away anyway. lol!

/ Hydraulic quick connect problem (CK20) #6  
Hi Guys
Glad to see you have gotten to the problem, just one thing, you need to be very careful when undoing fittings or pushing the QRC on the ground to bleed off the pressure. When you are in this situation, the oil is under very high pressure and it will cut through rags and your skin before you can blink an eye. I dont think I need to tell you what will happen once the oil is in your blood stream. I can personally tell you that oil in the eyes is not a very pleasant experience as well.
One way around the issue is to put ball valves on the return hose of the implement, so if oil leaks past the spools on your backhoe (e.g.) it will come against the ball valve and not against the pintle on the QRC. Once connected back to the tractor again, you can easily turn the ball valve to allow flow and you implement to work.
There will always be leakage past the spools on both the implement and your tractor. This is why the dealer suggested working the joystick with the engine switched off. This bled any pressure off behind the QRC's on the tractor, but you were still contending with the pressure on the implement side and doing the same thing here is not the answer.
Another way around the problem is to have the engine switched off and work the hyd service lever on the tractor at the same time as you connect the QRC, this allows the pintles to work against oneanother and let the oil bleed off internally to tank through the tractor hyd raulic system. But once again, be very careful as the implement could start to move. You need to be well clare of it when you do this. Hope this helps explain not only the safety side of it but also why it happens.
Cheers

/ Hydraulic quick connect problem (CK20) #7  
Do what Dodgeram suggested. Works every time for me.

/ Hydraulic quick connect problem (CK20) #8  
KAB and the Dealer were right. If you had done what they said, you would not need to make a mess by loosening the fittings. Works for my hoe install everytime.

/ Hydraulic quick connect problem (CK20) #9  
Yeah these guys have nailed it on the head. I have even had to do this for pull type rotary cutters. Most of the time i just jab the end of the QRC into the implement to release the pressure. Be shure to stay clear of the oil. I was 14 when i tried it first and it did cut me like they are talking about.