loader handle

/ loader handle #1  

Limecuda

Silver Member
I was using my ck30hst yesterday and had been dragging my rake. In the process I'd throw a few roots in the bucket. When I was finishing I went to empty the bucket and noticed the loader handle will now completely spin around like it is loose. Best I can figure is pulling the rake for the extended time something vibrated loose. Is there a screw or something to look for before I tear into it?

/ loader handle #2  
OK so you're going to squish the rubber boot at the lever base and feel for the nut that's in there right where the lever hits other stuff. The loader stick is threaded at the bottom and that nut locks it in place. The locknut has loosened. You are going to twist the joystick counterclockwise until it is about 120 degrees past the desired position and then tighten that locknut finger tight through the rubber boot and then use both hands to twist the loader lever clockwise 120 degrees to lock it in position. The 120 may vary but you can repeat as needed with more or less than 120 degrees to get it where you want it.

This will likely happen again.

/ loader handle #3  
Highbeam gives a good quik fix. When you have the time, remove the surrounding sheet metal(this is the biggest part of the whole procedure). Loosen/remove the two bolts holding the 'box' that the rubber boot mounts to. Work the rubber boot up the joy stick until the locknut is exposed. Wouldn't hurt to put a bit of loctite on the thread and retighten the nut. Make sure the joy stick is in the correct position. Then reassemble.

Don

/ loader handle #4  
I agree with the last post just had to do that on MY CK 20. However there is something i would like to add to this post. The float on mine starting hanging. To the point that it pulled the ball out of the handle. This is a very easy fix if it happens. On the Hydraulic block for the loaded there is a assembly sticking out of the front with 2 allen sets. Remove this and it will take some force to get it off if it is stuck in the float position. Lok in the bottom and you will see some balls much like how a ratchet locks a socket on it. Clean these and the problem is solved