HST Pedal on ck20 sticking! AHHHHHHHHHH!

/ HST Pedal on ck20 sticking! AHHHHHHHHHH! #1  

Agentiron

Silver Member
I need a real fix for this sticking pedal, not a cob job fix, but a permenant fix. When I purchased the unit they drilled a hole in the top of the "bushing" next to the hst pedal. They said put penatrating oil in in occasionally. Any time it rains, it locks up. I can put a half a can of penatrating oil on every pivot point, and in their drilled hole, and work the pedal 200 hundred times, and it will work it's way out over time. I can't stand it! I need it to work, this is insane, I need your help!

Thanks fellas.

AI

/ HST Pedal on ck20 sticking! AHHHHHHHHHH! #2  
I don't know about a real fix but can you put a grease fitting in the holes your dealer drilled for you and put some waterproof/marine grease in them?

/ HST Pedal on ck20 sticking! AHHHHHHHHHH! #3  
Never use penatrating oil as a lube! Pick up a can of penatrating spray Grease found at any auto supply store. If the bushings are plastic ,any thing like WD-40 , PB-blaster just makes it worse!

/ HST Pedal on ck20 sticking! AHHHHHHHHHH! #4  
Highgear said:
Never use penatrating oil as a lube! Pick up a can of penatrating spray Grease found at any auto supply store. If the bushings are plastic ,any thing like WD-40 , PB-blaster just makes it worse!

The sticky pedal is a pretty common problem. Even on my CK30 I need to keep a little lube on it. I will agree that the light wd-40 type stuff isn't permanent though it works great for the day! I have noticed a much stickier pedal after a good hosing gets water in the joint and washes the lube out.

I get on and off of the running tractor a lot and the creeping machine can be a problem.

/ HST Pedal on ck20 sticking! AHHHHHHHHHH! #5  
there is a update that can be done to CK20.... to change to the same setup as a CK25 & 30. You should also put grease or never seize on it when installed. Any of the ck20's I have done like this have been trouble free since.

/ HST Pedal on ck20 sticking! AHHHHHHHHHH!
Do you have any specific info on this upgrade? I am interested, and my dealer does not know of any such thing, or did not offer it as an option.

I got a needle grease fitting, and was able to get some grease in it, but also discovered that they do not make these fittings for pneumatic grease guns.....Could make for a mighty fine dart gun.

It is working at present, but we are now receiving a deluge.

Thanks again as always.
AI