Tractor
    Kioti DK 45

Default DK45 fuel filter nut stuck

Hi all,
    I have a 3-yr old DK45 and am attempting to change the fuel filter for the first time. I have purchased a large filter wrench (like a pair of pliers) at NAPA to remove the 4-inch wide nut (not sure this is called a nut but it screws like one) that holds the fuel filter assembly together. Try as much as I dare, I cannot budge this nut. I tried using Liquid Wrench to no avail.
    As you may recall, this assembly is supported by a mount; it is not bolted to an immovable surface like the frame. So it is not possible to just "put everything I got into it" without risking the bending of the entire assembly mount.
    I was wondering if anyone might have a creative solution, or at least an idea or two I might try.
    thanks much,
    mikey
    Mikey in Southern NH

Silver Member
    Tractor
    DK 65 S

Default Re: DK45 fuel filter nut stuck

they are tight the first time, we use a strap type wrench. give it your all, but be sure your turning it the right way!
    Joe Signs' Equipment
    www.joesignsequipment.com
    Owego, NY 13827

toll free 1-866-352-9255