Emer. stop knob on CK25-CK30

/ Emer. stop knob on CK25-CK30 #1  

Highgear

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30H 2004
After reading the post about the runaway DK45s, I wondered why he didn't just pull the Emergency Engine Stop Knob ? Come to find out that tractor doesn't have one . Our CK 30 has one so the last time I shut the tractor off I used it to make sure it works. My question is how many CK25 - CK30 don't have the E- stop (or do not know where it is ) in case of an Emergency ? On the Kioti web site under - Specification - scroll down to- Standard Equipment . Find Emergency Engine Stop Knob. Yet in the other post some do not have this !

/ Emer. stop knob on CK25-CK30 #3  
I don't have one on my CK30 purchased in August of 2005.

/ Emer. stop knob on CK25-CK30 #4  
I've got one! I thought I did but I didn't want to say until I made sure. I used it when I first got the tractor to make sure it worked. On my old Case 580c that was the only way I could shut it off. If I didn't have one I was going to install it. My neighbor has a Kubota BX22 that had the shutoff solenoid stuck in the off position. It took us a while to figure out the problem but we muddled through. It seems that it just as easily could have stuck in the on position. When we had the solenoid off and testing it I started the tractor. When my neighbor told me to turn it off I tried with the key but of course that did not work because he was holding the solenoid in his hand. When he put the solenoid extended pin back in the hole on the fuel injector pump thingy it turned right off. The point is that these electrical shutoffs fail on occasion. If it is at a critical moment when things are going south it is nice to know that no matter what is happening I can turn the engine off. Here are the pictures of the shutoff on my CK30. The second picture #12 is with the nob pulled in the off position. The third picture #13 is with the knob pushed in the run position. Its the black sheathed cable on the bottom. The green sheathed cable is the throttle.

On a side note this is the first time I have taken the side panel off. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is and of the engineering that went into fastening the panel.

Attachments

• image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 235
  • image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 257
  • image013.jpg
    image013.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 256
   / Emer. stop knob on CK25-CK30 #5  
Nope. My CK30 purchased in May 2006 was/is not so equipped. :(

Thanks for the pics Twig, food for thought.......... and maybe future project.

/ Emer. stop knob on CK25-CK30 #6  
my may 05 has one...maybe one could be retrofited on later ones if a lever exists on injection pump?

/ Emer. stop knob on CK25-CK30 #7  
nope dont have one either,07 ck 25, sure think its a good idea though,any one know where to get one?

/ Emer. stop knob on CK25-CK30 #8  
I would think the cable could be ordered off an earlier one if the lever exists on the injection pump as shown in photos above

/ Emer. stop knob on CK25-CK30 #9  
Mine has the shut off but no cable/knob, just the rubber plug in the hole.

Steve

/ Emer. stop knob on CK25-CK30 #10  
I have the shut off knob, (2005 CK30), but maybe someone could post a picture from the same (twig's pic) area that doesn't have the knob so those interested can see what would be needed to add the manual shut off. Perhaps the addition of parts would be minimal.