I need advice re removing FEL

/ I need advice re removing FEL #1  

Hoffie

Tractor
Kiota CK25
After I remove the pins I cannot get the FEL frame to rise so I can back out. What am I doing wrong?

/ I need advice re removing FEL #2  
Did you put your legs down first.
Also if you check you loader manual it will give you step by step, if you are still stumped.
Rick

/ I need advice re removing FEL
I followed the manual. Legs down; bucked blade touching, pins removed, then I cannot get the fel frame to raise above the bottom pin so I can back out. It wants to just tile forward out raise upward.
The first few times I did it all worked well. I will keep trying but am frustrated.

/ I need advice re removing FEL #4  
Some times you have to rock the machine and it will pop up

/ I need advice re removing FEL #5  
I've gotten some small rocks jammed in around the front columns that have caused a jam up sometimes, it will sort of just pop out (as Rick says) with a little rocking motion.

Steve

/ I need advice re removing FEL #6  
this is how I remove my FEL. on my DK 35
with the tractor running First I put the stands out,then level the bucket.Then I stand on the right side of the tractor and move the bucket one way or the other wile pulling on the pin,once your pin moves easly stop moving the bucket and remove that pin.
now goto left side and do the same.
after I remove the pins,I just move the bucket untill the loader arms lift out of the frame,then disconnect the hrdro lines.
just reverse it to reattach it.
hope this helps.
matt

Hoffie said:
I followed the manual. Legs down; bucked blade touching, pins removed, then I cannot get the fel frame to raise above the bottom pin so I can back out. It wants to just tile forward out raise upward.
The first few times I did it all worked well. I will keep trying but am frustrated.

/ I need advice re removing FEL
I have followed the procedure you all have described. What I think happened is I somehow sprung the frame of the fel. I have done some serious work with it.
I worked on this today and continue to have problems. Not only does the fel frame not raise I have real problems reinserting one of the pins. The one on the right side goes in easily but the left one is very difficult to line up. I have to pry it into place and use wedges between the frame on the tractor and the FEL frame.
I'm just going to leave the fel on the tractor until I can figure out some alternative.

/ I need advice re removing FEL #8  
I wonder if it would be wise to loosen all of the FEL frame bolts just enough to allow the frame to pop back into position. Maybe loosen it a bit and then persuade it into a postion that allows the retaining pin to easily wiggle around. I'm pretty sure they are intended to be adjustable with more than adequate hole size for the bolts. Just loosen the bolts enough to allow movement.

I never remove the FEL, not worth it at all. The one time I removed it to have it welded on it was easy to get off but hard to get on without scraping up the paint pretty well. Though the missing paint was in an area covered up by the loader so no big deal.

/ I need advice re removing FEL #10  
I guess I should give something back for all the advice I have used from this site.

I do remove my FEL when I mow or till around my trees. Every time I take the manual out with me and follow the steps because I cannot remember them and having the manual helps. It takes a few minutes but is not anything to be afraid of. I do play with the controls to get the arms to lift off the tractor.

One thing to watch out for - make sure you have the tractor turned off and bleed the pressure from the hydraulic hoses before disconnecting them. If you do wind up with pressure left in the hoses you will not be able to reconnect them. Speaking from experience of course. I tried several things and finally used a metal piece and a hammer to tap on the valve in the hydraulic fitting to release some of the pressure and was able to then hook back up. With the old farm tractors sometimes we would have that problem and just pushed the fitting against a sharp part of the tractor. Could not find anything on the Kioti like that.