Snow Snow Plowing??

/ Snow Plowing?? #1  

kidkioti

Bronze Member
It's about that time to start contemplating on some snow plowing equipment for the CK 25.:) Located in Central Pa and have about a mile long gravel road to plow out.

Would be interested in hearing from other Kioti Owners in how they equipped their Kioti's for snow plowing?? Have a set of dual agricultural tractor chains and an old beatup, loose, & sloppy 6' rear scrapper blade that I savaged off my old trade in.

Your assistance concerning this matter will be very much appreciated. Thank you! old kidkioti

/ Snow Plowing?? #2  
I use a 7' front blade on the loader of my DK 35 and a 7' blade on the rear.

Attachments

• HPIM0362.JPG
    HPIM0362.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:
   / Snow Plowing?? #3  
I had a front mount blade like Vince but I just bought a 77" back blower. Last year the drifts were 5' high in places and the front blade just didn't cut it. Each time I plowed the banks built up higher and the drifts filled in up to the top of the banks. It was taking me 4 hours to plow a 300 ft drive. The blower will avoid the buildup on the banks and keep the drifts to a minimum.

/ Snow Plowing?? #4  
DK35vince said:
I use a 7' front blade on the loader of my DK 35 and a 7' blade on the rear.

Vince,

I am curious, what would you need blades on both ends for?

KB

/ Snow Plowing?? #5  
Killer_B said:
Vince,

KB
He can't tell if he's coming or going:)

Sorry Vince, I couldn't resist.

/ Snow Plowing?? #6  
Get a rear blower, it's some of the best money you'll spend.

_____BEFORE____________ AFTER_______

Click pictures for full size

/ Snow Plowing?? #7  
Killer_B said:
Vince,

KB
The main road is fairly busy at the end of my driveway. I use the rear blade to pull the snow in enough from the highway to get behind it with the front blade. (helps keep me off the road somewhat so I have a little less chance of being run over)

/ Snow Plowing?? #8  
The only thing I use is my FEL but have filled rear tires and chains on the front tires. Have been looking at a QA six ft front mounted blade but probably will just stick with the loader.

/ Snow Plowing?? #9  
i've used a 5' rear blade for 4 seasons but my driveway is over 700' and on a side hill.... blade works great as far as scrapping down to the gravel but you can't push the snow back very far (unless you have some flat land around the drive) and it closes in the space quickly (2 or 3 storms)....
i've purchased a used puma 54" rear blower for this season and look forward to a much easier time all winter.... plus i still have the FEL for scrapping and moving big piles....