Front mount snowblower

/ Front mount snowblower #1  

laurencen

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600T Kioti CK20, Cat D2 dozer, Cat 420 tractor loader, Deer 644E loader, Bobcat E32 mini and Bobcat 590 skidsteer, Toro Groundsmaster 325D
Has anyone used a front mount snowblower on a CK20, my dealer has one mounted on a display model, it is driven off the rear PTO shaft, there is a driveshaft that goes under the machine to the front, my first impressions its too big for the tractor, I have a Schulte rear now and Schulte have adaptors to allow it to mount on a Bobcat skid steer, in this case its hydraulic driven, does the CK20 gear have enough hydraulic flow to run it, last winter it was hard on the neck

/ Front mount snowblower #2  
From my understanding, you need a minimum of 12gpm to drive a hydraulic snow blower and that's for a small one. Most skid loaders seem to have 18+ GPM hydraulics so I doubt the CK20, with about 5GPM to implements, could drive a hydro snowblower.

/ Front mount snowblower #3  
I found that if you blow in low range 1st or 2nd gear, you can stand on the deck and steer with one hand. It's a lot easier on the neck.

/ Front mount snowblower
could I put a PTO driven pump to run it possibly, have to try the standing on the deck, the wife sugested wearing a motorcycle helmet with rear facing mirrors attached

/ Front mount snowblower #5  
   / Front mount snowblower #6  
Do you really need a front mount snowblower? I asked my dealer and he said that, first it cost a lot more than a rear snowblower and second that considering the alley I have to clean (wich mean about 600 feet) the rear one will do the job.

/ Front mount snowblower
Hi DViau, I was considering modifying the Schulte rear I have, they offer a conversion for my skid steer and drive it hydraulically, I could make up a adaptor plate for the loader arms to accept the bobcat quick connect and use it on the tractor, after looking into the hydraulic requirments will be leaving it rear for now, the pump required needs 30HP to get the flow and the tractor falls way short, just one of those ideas that we get once in a wile.

Thanks for the ideas

/ Front mount snowblower #8  
Do you have a mid PTO that you could drive it directly? If you could adapt your present blower to the front, couldn't you adapt it to run off of a mid PTO. The dealer I talked with a few days ago said that a mid PTO is about a $300.00 kit, at least for the CK25 I was looking at.

Jim