ck20 2365 control broken help please!

/ ck20 2365 control broken help please! #1  

Agentiron

Silver Member
I have used my hoe 15 or 20 times the past year and a half. The controls have become very sloppy but workable. I get two large trees to a site to plant, and grab the right hand control on the hoe, and it falls off in my hand. On one of the swivel balls the nut has fallen off, and the other bolt has broken off.

My local dealer thought the warranty was for two years and ordered the kit that has the two balls with threaded rods, and the small box they mount into that screws into the bottom of the control arm.

Dealer got parts in, and informed me that the warranty was for only one year, and the bill was mine...... $425 for the parts! You have got to be kidding.

They said they could not get separate parts, it is a kit. To me this is nuts. There is nothing to this, and I am hopping mad.

I called another dealer who is checking on some other options. This dealer said they found a price for one of the balls.....$61 a piece! A steel ball with a threaded rod 3/4" long or so.

Is this indicative of how Kioti is going to treat its customers on all their parts? What if something big broke?

Can anyone give me any help on this issue...I would really appreciate it.

I am tempted to just weld a 1/4 thread rod on the end of the ball and cob it together. Just nuts!

Thanks
AI

/ ck20 2365 control broken help please! #2  
Unfortunatly this is the tractor market for you and why contractors are so expensive with the use of thier eqipment. Be glad it isnt green it would have been twice the price. My cousin has a 200 HP John Deer that an o-ring just went bad in. It is a speciall size and can only be purchased thru JD. Cost? try $130.00. You may can cross refernece the unit to its oem and get the part from them. otherwise you may have no over choice.

/ ck20 2365 control broken help please! #3  
I'm not certain but there might be a Kioti service bulletin on this problem and maybe even a service program that would get you free parts. I don't mean to get your hopes up but it is worth calling Kioti customer service. The early KB2365 controls were problem prone and were changed. I might be misremebering but I somehow recall hearing that Kioti was providing parts to fix that problem.